Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I waved to someone on a ruckus today, and he did the snap-and-point thing back. I would like to formally offer this up for use by all scooterists as your Main Wave™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

Friggin Joe posted:

I went wide open on the throttle and I didn't go any faster.

New thread title.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

Purgey posted:

New thread title

Finally I get some back up. I believe it's now official.

AncientTV posted:

Friggin Joe posted:

I went wide open on the throttle and I didn't go any faster.
New thread title.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Scoot question:
My buddy has a Lambretta Due 50, and he says that the throttle response is pretty terrible on it. Apparently the thing won't start to move until about 1/3 throttle, and even then it feels loose. I haven't worked on scooters before, but am I right to expect the typical screw-type cable adjusters near the throttle tube and carb?
edit: Yep, the adjuster near the throttle tube was just way out of whack.

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 19, 2012

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Replace the fuel filter if it has one. 2 years isn't too long to sit, but they may be (probably are) flat spotted if it wasn't moved for that long.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Getting an '86 Honda Spree for free from a guy I work for. I've been fixing up his four (!) CT70s, and he's going to let me build a fifth out of spare parts and have it for free as well :iamafag:
No pictures because I am forgetful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Booo, you should do the jetski motor and sell me the elite motor.
I just came into a free Honda Spree and it looks like at some point someone decided to loosen all the bolts half way on the entire bike and then sit it outside. The entire engine is made of rust, inside and out, and now I'm looking for a replacement.

You know you want a scooter with like 30hp, stick that 440 in there.