Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Anyone know where I can buy a Mikuni VM 14SH carburetor, or at least parts for one? Google gives me no results in English (as I'm pretty sure they didn't sell the Love in any English-speaking countries). If there is a reasonable facsimile it may suffice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Sorry I don't know what things are called. Please describe it.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Of course, thanks for informing me. It is flange mounted.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Phat_Albert posted:

Ok, whats the spacing between the flange bolt holes, center to center?

I'm guessing somewhere in the 50mm range?

Center to center the bolt holes are about 44mm. Here is a reference picture:

Click here for the full 912x684 image.

The intake side is 25mm. There is one fuel and one air line. The throttle cable goes straight in the top, and there is a large shaft which does nothing but hold the carb in place. I only know motorcycle carbs, this is the only scoot I've ever worked on, so I have no idea how normal any of this is.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Here is the intake side.

Bottom left is fuel, top left is air, and the middle is where the idle air screw is supposed to live.

And just for the full 360:

edit: and the spacing is closer to 45mm, I was measuring incorrectly.

Synonamess Botch fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 15, 2010

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
What are the best scooter classifieds I can look through online? I've already got cycletrader and craigslist tapped but I don't know if there are any good scoot forums or whatnot where people may post bikes. My last scooter was a series of stupid mistakes (or perhaps one continuous mistake) but I'd like to try and find another scooter or two and preferably non-op.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
What's the opinion on Bajaj's? Decent scoot or avoid it like a Chinese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

M4rg4r1ne posted:

Are you concerned at all about parts availability?

Yes, but I was under the impression they would be interchangeable with a lot of Vespa parts of the same vintage.