Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Got an e-golf to replace my rear ended jetta and love it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Uthor posted:

Dang, I'm so not pay attention to new cars and didn't know this was a thing. I'm thinking my next car will be an EV or hybrid, but I miss my GTI. If they still make these in a decade, I'll be interested!

EDIT: guess they don't make them anymore?

I bought a barely used low mileage one, sel premium. the battery range barely drops in cold and handles cold weather amazing, until vw sells their new small ones in us i'll keep it.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

movax posted:

So "it" finally happened to me... my A4 has been parked outside continuously, but I haven't driven it since early December. Went to go turn it over today / recharge battery and... mold. Mold everywhere. (Seattle, and a FUCKLOAD of rain happened). loving gross.

I jumped the car, let it idle / heat up and blasted the heat on high + put my ozone generator inside, while hitting every surface I could immediately see with Clorox wipes. I intend to take it to my detailer at some point, but... as I was taking it around on a shakedown of sorts, I felt a few drops of water hit my head from the headliner. The sunroof switch also feels incredibly crunchy now, so I'm wondering if I need to pull that and see if contact cleaner (assuming it's not sealed) can save it.

So questions:

1. Where are the sunroof drains / other drains I should check to see if they got clogged?
2. Is there a good non-destructive way to remove the headliner to see what the gently caress happened?
3. General mold remediation advice. I have an ozone generator, the car is parked indoors now in my garage with all the windows open.

Links to any good DIYs / Audizine / whatever welcome -- the few I found have dead Photobucket links which sucks.

which year audi is this?

manuals really need to have this information and say to clean them often, so many people with clogged drains or cars that get flodded due to this.

I fixed it by not having a sunroof

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

superdylan posted:

I just got raked over the coals at the dealer for a replacement key on my non-KESSY 2011 GTI, and a month later the original key fails to start the car - it runs for a second and then shuts off with a 'Key not in range' message on the MFI. Put a new tested CR2032 in it and it's the same problem. Lock/unlock works just fine on the fob.

If I take the battery out of the fob, the car starts and runs just fine :dafuq:

Guess I'm prying off the lock cover and going old school

sounds like your car got somehow programmed to use kessy and is defaulting to that until it can't sense a remote, I have a couple obd2 readers that can either pair keys or clone keys of any brand, best investment ever.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

superdylan posted:

Turned out my key fob was just poo poo and I should have known when I checked the battery 4 days after replacing it and it was reading 2.5V. There's just no inexpensive options for keys, is there? F my wallet

you can buy a key programmer/cloner for 400-500 if you are doing this often enough or think someone you know might need, but aside from that there isn't

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
The brake thing is I think unique to vag/Porsche the mechanic that I took my car to have them changed and was new didn't know that as he couldn't understand why the front ones were mostly full until I explained that my egolf prioritizes rear along with regen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
My 2006 jetta that happened when the speed sensor, not the cam one or the road speed one was dead. We replaced and it was fine do you have a vag reader?