Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I've had a couple Q7s and a Q5 as rentals, and they are my favorite cars now. I should stop reading this thread, because it makes me want to trade my Camry in on one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

DoesNotCompute posted:

Second gen Q5 is basically a lifted B9, they depreciate into the ground pretty fast so they're relatively good value especially if you're comfortable with routine maintenance. The 2.0T is very very easy to work on in that engine bay. Anecdotally they eat through brake pads faster than their B9 cousin though.

Coming from Toyotas that generally need very little maintenance and are easy to work on, how much of a punch in the dick are VAG products nowadays?

I wouldn't touch them in the early 2000s, but I've really liked my rentals.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

trilobite terror posted:

The first and last time I went to a valvoline the tech sent me home with the oil filler cap sitting on top of my engine, they didn't even put it back on and close it they just took out the funnel and shut the hood I guess

I did this once when I was like 17. Oops!