Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Why wont VW address the failing cams in the BRM TDIs? The service manager denies that they ever fail but the parts desk guy tells me they have done about a dozen cars so far.

Also could you please define a leak from VWs standpoint. Apparently the transmissions were supposed to soak everything around them in gear lube, they cleaned it with a rag and charged me $50 (not covered under warranty?) to tell me that its not leaking.

I love the cars but not the ownership experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

my1999gsr posted:

Also, if your leak returns then you can ask for your $50 back because the problem wasn't repaired.

as long as you have your service records up to date, they should (emphasis on "should") be able to replace the damaged components under a goodwill claim.

Repaired? they charged me $50 for a can of brakleen and a blast of compressed air. The leak was still there buy since they cleaned it it wasn't an issue to them, its leaked since I got it with 20k on it.

Also the cams are considered an operator induced problem, the dealership will blame it on the oil and not the lovely design of their bearings.

Can you tell me anything about the codes I can pull up through the climatronic? I know speed, coolant temp, engine RPM, and a few more but cant figure out the rest.

edit: I'm replacing the door harness, speakers, and exploding radiator fans on a MkV, how long is this probably going to take?

SpeedFreek fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 3, 2010