Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jovian
May 21, 2003

Give me a hug!
I have a 2.0T FSI BPY engine that probably has its tumbler flap on the way our or already gone. If I start driving soon after starting the car I never get these codes.

012600 - Intake Manifold Runner Control: Regulation Deviation
P3138 - 008 - Implausible Signal - MIL ON
008200 - Intake Manifold Flap; Bank 1: Electrical Malfunction
P2008 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:

Currently I am in a crappy situation where I moved away from friends with driveways and live in a community so I cant do much if any work on the car myself. So what would replacing something like this cost to replace?

So from what I understand its only really needed for cold idle, what issues may occur if I don't replace this?

quote:

The only VAG engines I've seen that eat cams (and high-pressure fuel pumps) were some of the early run 2.0t engines in Passats and A4s.
Haha yup this an the PCV system are very annoying but still love this engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU