Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

OK, I got my car back from the dealership after paying way too much to fix barely half the things wrong with it. Among the things skipped was a gasket around the antenna which inevitably dries out after a few years and can only be replaced by replacing the rest of the antenna as well since they don't keep it as a part on its own. After they accidentally left my car undriveable until they got a replacement shipped in I got a New Beetle Convertible as a loaner. Then when I get my car back there's broken glass in the rear hatch hinge from where they crushed my old taillights by leaving them there after replacing them, the moment I stick my key in the ignition the car alarm goes off and none of this even fazes me. Have I finally achieved the absolute Zenith of VW ownership, the point where nothing else will give me as strong of a feeling that yep, I'm driving a Volkswagen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Autism Sundae posted:

^^^^^ What do you have, a Jetta?

2000 Golf TDI

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

my1999gsr posted:

Did this really happen to you? If it did, would you mind telling me what dealership it was?

It happened to me on Friday just before they closed, I was in a rush and this isn't the first time the car alarm went off like that. I didn't find out about the glass until I got to my destination when I heard something rattling in the back. Their service department closed by then and they disabled voice mail so I wasn't able to call them and I'd like to discuss it with them before naming names.