Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

I haven't been able to find any info on this one way or another, but are Kaine and No. 7 playable at all, do they help you in combat, or are they basically just useless outside of cutscenes/don't actually travel with you most of the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

Cool! That's better than nothing. I get annoyed in action games when characters are only cutscene powerful.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

Ordered this the night I found this thread and it arrived yesterday. gently caress, is this game cool or what. I feel like it's got a charm that I haven't felt in any JRPG for a good long while.

The prologue especially was awesome since I like post-apocalyptic settings, and then when the main game began with '1000 something years later' it pulled me in even more. I'm excited to find out exactly what happened to this world and why.

Currently in the forest of myth, and loving the transition to a text-adventure. I think a major part of this game's charm comes from such abrupt genre-switching.

One question though, when you guys are referring to Part 1 and Part 2 do you mean Part 1 is the first playthrough and Part 2 is the second, or do you mean literally the second half of any given playthrough? Also, if somebody wants to post the four quests necessary to get all the weapons I'd appreciate it. I think I did one of them but I'm kinda stumped, and I'd like to get all four endings without too much hassle.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

TheOriginalEd posted:

Welp. I just picked this up and my only complaint ONLY complaint is that it lets me rename the main character and not his daughter. If Im going to be rolling around with a big burly dude with my name, I want the daughter to have my daughters name too :colbert: yeah I know.. voice acting and all. Other than that I am thoroughly impressed with how awesome this game came together.

The renaming thing bugged me too, if only because the drat title of the game is Nier, as far as I was concerned the protagonist's name is Nier, but nobody calls him that because he's re-nameable. Sort of an odd oversight in my opinion ... unless it gets referenced or explained later in the game or something.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

Got ending A last night. The whole last stage was awesome, but it spawned more questions than it answered. Primarily I'm very interested in how The world gets to the state it's in currently in the first place, exactly what the hell project Gestalt and replicants are, and the motivations of Popola and Devola. Having to fight them really came out of left field for me, but looking back there were a few hints about it, I guess. Still, as relatively minor characters they are really interesting to me. Here's to hoping the other endings flesh stuff out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I think the only city that was purposely like that was just The Aerie.

At least in the region of the world we got to see, yeah. I'd like to remain optimistic that humans from other regions would be able to repopulate the world eventually, but the game's director seems really set on making the endings as depressing as possible, so the whole world is probably hosed.

Of course, that's mostly because I really, really want Cavia to do a sequel or a prequel or something else set in this timeline because of how awesomely fleshed-out Grimoire Nier makes it. Also it's gotta be a crime that the DLC Remixed Music haven't been included in an OST or released on their own.

• Locked thread