Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

jannik posted:

Tap X to jump up faster.

You only need to hold X/A and he'll keep doing the faster animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So yeah, this game is pretty cool. Not gonna' win any awards or anything, but it's fun.
Probably got the best translation I've seen in a Japanese game and the main cast is incredibly likeable. Even Kainé is awesome once you get past the stupid costume (which some of the other characters will mock).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Visually the areas are neat, each one has a different colour-correction filter. Although, yeah; mostly re-cycled areas, although I don't remember the basket ball court in the main game.

Between each room you get a little flavour text hinting about the end-game plot, with a few references to dragons falling from the sky for good measure.

EDIT: Also, the new music is a bunch of awesome remixes. I hope they get released separately, or someone rips them from the game.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 11, 2010

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Didn't expect it honestly, but Zero Punctuation did a review. Not too negative and has a few good points.

Also, EDGE Magazine gave the game a 6/10. It is worth noting that EDGE actually uses the whole 1 to 10 scale for their scores, so 6/10 isn't a bad score just above average.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dominic White posted:

My only real gripe there is that he seems unable to detach 'developer' from 'publisher'. This is as much a Square-Enix game as Just Cause 2.

He's also been calling Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Red Steel 2 Nintendo games.
I can understand no knowing it's developed by Caiva (their name isn't even on the box), but those two are just weird.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mug posted:

Can you buy the soundtrack for the DLC anywhere? Someone has uploaded it all to youtube and I wanna know where they got it from.

Last time I checked, it was upon iTunes. Don't know if it's still there though.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mug posted:

None of the Nier soundtrack is on the Austrlaian iTunes store. Can you check if it's on your local one for me?

It's up on the UK iTunes store. Must be some regional bullshit.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So good in fact that they're releasing it on a second OST this month.

God, I hope that hits the UK iTunes.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Chunk posted:

Oh good on both counts.

Just don't put the game on Hard. It's the bad kind of Hard where every enemy has 3x health and does 3x damage.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh poo poo yes. The new OST is on the UK iTunes. Any problems I may have with Square, I love them for putting their sound tracks up on iTunes. Even if a game like Nier wasn't exactly a success over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Technique posted:

So i decided to check out Recycled Vessel since i just did a speedrun for the Lightspeed Fighter achievement anyway.

Jesus christ it sucks. Badly. Playing as brother Nier is a neat novelty and all, but the color filters overstay their welcome after, oh i dunno, the first fight. The fights themselves are incredibly tedious and boring, and the music is poo poo.
Excuse me, I think you'll find the music is awesome. :colbert:

So awesome that they released a second soundtrack, in fact.

• Locked thread