Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Anyone have any thoughts on this bag?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/563945-REG/Lowepro_LP35264_PEU_Nova_200_AW_Shoulder.html

I have a small 15 dollar used lowepro bag but I've rapidly outgrown it for most things (it holds 1 lens and 1 slr with lens and it's not very comfortable to wear for long periods). This bag seems to fit my budget and have room to spare, but does it have any disadvantages to say a slingbag or a crumpler bag? I like slings but from using a friend's they don't hold as much as this bag would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hey all, I'm still relatively new to photography and so for a while I didn't have much gear. At the moment now I have a 55-250mm lens, a 50mm prime, a normal zoom, a small tripod and a smaller DSLR. Knowing my friend's lowepro 100 slingshot bag was really comfortable I was looking at sling bags and have narrowed it down to these:

http://www.amazon.com/Kata-KT-D-3N1-20-Sling-Backpack/dp/B001BP7YFM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278884378&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-SlingShot-202-AW/dp/B0036AWR8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278884510&sr=1-1

The other kind I could get is the smaller lowepro 102. I tried the kata and the lowepro at the store and found the kata, while a lot better looking and having a backpack, didn't fit as snugly to my back because you put the second shoulder strap in a pounch behind the back padding.

I guess there's two things to consider: in a slingbag do I want to carry every lens I have, is it worth compromise for a backpack? Also, if say in a year or two I get a big lens/pro sized camera will the sling bag become worthless to me?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Captain Postal posted:

I'm getting rid of my slingshot 200. Can't stand the thing. It's well made and well padded but I just found it was not a good method of supporting weight for any length of time. Your current setup may be ok to carry that way but if you get more gear (I said I would go easy too when I started out) you'll quickly outgrow it. If you have resolve of steel grab either one as they both seem good, but I'd still recommend getting neither and using 2 shoulders.

If you were in Sydney I'd offer to do a deal... but try it out fully loaded before you decide to buy!

So I take it your opinion would be get a small cheap slingbag for a few lenses and SLR and then get a backpack later when I get more gear?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

My girlfriend has the 100, which I carried with a 50mm 1.4, canon XSi, kit lens, 420ex flash and a bunch of random stuff with no problem. The reason I don't want a backpack basically comes down to: shoulder bags hurt after a while and backpacks won't allow me to get easy access to my camera, I'd miss a candid shot in the street (what I shoot often) before I can get my camera out. This kind of bothers me.

• Locked thread