Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slearch
Dec 10, 2006

dissss posted:

I have a Lowepro FastPack 250 and a Nova 160AW:

The FastPack can take a full-sized laptop so my netbook does rattle about a bit, but aside from that its a great bag for my usage. Its just about the allowable maximum size for carry on baggage, fairly lightweight and fits my netbook, camera, lenses, filters plus all the cables/charges needed and room for a lightweight jacket. Ugly as sin though, not particularly comfortable to carry and not very waterproof though.

I am looking for a backpack that has the feature in the picture here where you can quickly bring the backpack around, unzip that compartment and pull the camera out easily. I looked at the fastpacks and the straps look really uncomfortable. Does anyone have any recommendations for backpacks with that feature that are more comfortable, and that can hold a laptop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slearch
Dec 10, 2006

DJExile posted:

It's worth it to give those Fastpacks a try, if you can get to a store that has them. Many camera stores do, and I've seen a lot of Lowepro bags at Best Buy.

If you prefer 2 straps though, the LowePro CompuPrimus AW looks like it will fit the bill for you.

Yeah, that looks pretty good actually. I think Henry's in town here might have both of them, I'll have to give them a try.

• Locked thread