Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

rockcity posted:

This is my main workhorse bag. It's a Tamrac Expedition 6.

I couldn't recommend it more. It's not cheap, I think $185, but it holds practically everything I own at the moment, including a laptop for editing. It's super comfortable, really well padded and has tons of storage. The battery slots in the outer pockets are really nice too.

Well, I just ordered one of these with 1 day shipping to get it in time for my Hawaii trip next week. It will be really nice for hiking and being able to take my camera and laptop in one bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

rockcity posted:

I have a fairly good collection of cases and bags going now.

This is my main workhorse bag. It's a Tamrac Expedition 6.

I couldn't recommend it more. It's not cheap, I think $185, but it holds practically everything I own at the moment, including a laptop for editing. It's super comfortable, really well padded and has tons of storage. The battery slots in the outer pockets are really nice too.

I mentioned that I was getting this bag for a trip to Hawaii and though I should report back. It worked out really well for me. I had my camera and several lenses along with my computer to take. I was able to take them all as carry on with the bag which was what I was looking for in a bag. Once in Hawaii, I use the backpack with just a few lenses to day trips to reduce the weight. I ended up climbing a 1200 foot volcano with a 5D, 70-200mm lens, and 28mm lens. The backpack was really comfortable for the hike and protected the camera well when I was going down some pretty steep slopes. It is well worth the money I paid for it.

• Locked thread