Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

Bongodrums posted:

I was also thinking about purchase a B-rapid strap, but I did a bit of googleing and have come across many cases of the Tripod mount screw and Clip opening by itself over time and dropping a few cameras. I would be very careful with that strap.

I find that a little surprising. The clip has a screw lock to keep it from opening accidentally, and mine is often a two-handed operation to unclip the drat thing. So at least from my experiences, it seems plenty secure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
Is there anyone that sells just the internal part of camera bags — something that I can just insert into a normal backpack?

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Yes on all three. But I've got one anyways, in spite of the last point.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

I don't think I've ever worried about someone snatching my camera. Either way, there aren't any sort of easy or breakable releases on BR, so the only way they'd get it off you is to slash at it with a big knife or tackle you to the ground and wrestle the strap off of you.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

fknlo posted:

I just bought a bicycle and I'm looking for a bag to carry a camera and some bicycle things with me. Would the Lowepro Hatchback be decent for that? Anything else I should be looking at?

Whatever you go with, get the smallest size you can get away with and pack only what you really, really need. Weight adds up stupidly fast when you're on a bike, especially if you're carrying it on your back.

I've got a Timbuk2 Snoop. I have the small, but it's still big enough that it can fit my 7D, 24-70, 70-200, and a flash. That's a loving ridiculous amount of weight to carry in a messenger bag on a bike; so while I technically have room to fit a decent amount of gear, I usually have to force myself to pack much, much lighter than if I was using my normal backpack.

• Locked thread