Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

The other day I upgraded my backpack to a LowePro Fastpak 350. It may be huge with no rain cover and not aesthetically pleasing but it fits everything I own and is quite comfy.

It'll comfortably fit a 15" - 17" laptop, although the back is still firm without one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

bokchoi posted:

I just received my Lowepro Fastpack 350 (paid about $100CAD), and my first impression of this thing is its sheer size; it will easily swallow a gripped body with a 70-200mm f/2.8.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Fastpack-350,2087,14.htm

I've got the same Fastpack and it's amazing. It almost feels comically large until you open it up and realise it's eaten your equipment for breakfast with room for more. Heck there's even space for a 17" laptop in the back, although all the extra weight may be an issue for some people.
The only downside I can find is the same one you pointed out, a lack of weather proofing. Still though it's a heck of a beast.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

Does anyone have any recommendations for hand straps?

• Locked thread