Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Huzzah for this thread. Just today I was in a photo store, saturated with bag specs and pricetags and ready to kick somebody. For a guy with no laptop, one body and a few lenses the Crumpler Keystone is looking drat snazzy (and it can carry really long lenses if desired). I wish it weren't so expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

HPL posted:

I'm looking into alternatives other than the tripod mount so I can use a tripod with the strap attached.

Depending on your lens, mount the strap-lock to a tripod collar? I think there's a video that shows this being done on the Blackrapid site, but I could be totally wrong.

Also: I ended up buying a Crumpler Keystone for my upcoming trip and I am so far impressed. A little pricey, sure, but I can hold everything I own in it with ease (XSi and grip with 17-50 Tamron attached, longer telephoto, nifty 50, miscellaneous stuff like filters and blowers and charger, etc...), and un-velcro the entire camera pouch to use it as a very capacious daypack that doesn't look awkward. The only thing that really bugs me is the taper of the inside... makes getting the velcro dividers in a bit of a chore, but once you get it how you want it you're in the clear.

• Locked thread