Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Photex
Apr 6, 2009

here's an odd one, has anyone purchased the Deviant Art Camera Bag located here http://news.deviantart.com/article/130298/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I'm pretty sure i'm going to purchase the DA Bag and maybe review it for you guys. My fiance has some extra DA points that were given to her so I think i can get it for around $60.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

okay the DA Camera Bag has been ordered, came out to 63 for me. When I get it i'll be sure to give you guys my impressions of the build quality and such.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

It's been a week since i've ordered my Deviant Art bag, the tracking number stood dormant, I sent them two emails, one was bumped off saying it takes 3 - 5 days for an order to process even though the original order email says 1-3 this was the 2nd email i sent two days later:

It has been 5 business days and my order still has not been processed, either give me a legitimate update on my order or cancel it, FedEx Tracking says Estimated delivery date to be today but they haven't even received the item to ship it, and once again I state you charge exorbitant shipping cost for something that isn't processed and shipped in a timely manner, don't open an item shop if you can't deliver items in a timely fashion

I asked for an update or a refund. I get a one line reply

Thank you for contacting deviantART. As you do not wish to wait for your bag, I have cancelled and refunded your order.

Pretty lovely customer service...

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I was getting caught up on this thread and saw your earlier posts and was interested to hear your impressions of the bag... haha, gently caress.

you know what's even better, they had my money refunded in less than 24 hours.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

So guess what showed up today? The DeviantArt camera bag that I ordered, canceled and had refunded. Naturally i'll be taking it as a sign of apology for their rudeness and incompetence and i'll be posting a review of the bag shortly.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Here's my quick review of the dA "Pro" Camera Bag :smug:

The Good

It looks good, there is a lot of small detail on the bag itself. The inside is red with the dA logo all on the inside. The build quality also feels very good, feels a little more sturdy than my newly acquired Lowepro 300. I stated how small it was but it could work out if you don't carry a lot, everything will fit pretty snug and there won't be a lot of movement when it's all zipped up.

The color scheme is pretty sweet if you're into the red and black, it's pretty stylish when it comes to other bags in my opinion. Even the weather cover which I didn't show has a dA logo on it, they paid a lot of attention to the small details which makes it a better bag than I expected

The Bad

It's small, really small. I think if you didn't really want to carry anything other than a few cards, lenses and a small body it would be okay. I don't think you can fit any large body in this bag comfortably. The below pictures show my Rebel inside the bag and it fits pretty snug.

The Top Loader just doesn't feel good. You have to remove your bag to get at your camera which you don't have to do with the Lowepro Slingshots and since this is a sling bag i'll be comparing it to my Lowepro 300

Lack of storage is a main thing too, there isn't a lot of extra room for say a book, some filters and maybe your camera manual (i like to carry mine with me). Basically I thought i'd feel silly buying the Lowepro with it being so big and me not having a lot of stuff, but when you see everything you CAN'T put in the dA bag bigger is better.

It accents my moob with the sling strap. It's just not a very good strap.

Veridict

It's a nice bag if you ever get it. Dealing with DA's customer service was pretty awful if you've read my previous posts, they're rude and generally don't seem to give a poo poo. If you're a smaller person (aka not a fat goon) and want something to walk around town with only a few lenses this might be for you, just don't expect to jam a 7D in there with a bunch of poo poo including a flash because it's just not going to happen from what I can tell.

PS: I shot the pictures with my PS so don't bitch :negative:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

DJExile posted:

That is some seriously thick padding and velcro walls in there, drat.

yeah, there is def some protection in the bag, like i said everything fits really snug I wouldn't be scared to take my gear out in the bag. That being said i'm about to post it on SA-Mart, I don't need two bags but I could use the money to fill my lowepro :x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

geeves posted:

that really looks like the Canon backpack, though smaller, with some small alterations.

it's possible, i was pretty harsh on the size I just wish there were more pockets to put my poo poo.

• Locked thread