Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maverique
Apr 25, 2010
Did anyone get a Retrospective 30 yet? I'm considering getting it to carry around a dSLR and a film SLR with respective lenses. How many lenses do you think it can hold? How's the padding on it? The reviews I've read make it sound like a pretty drat good camera bag, sturdy and inconspicuous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maverique
Apr 25, 2010
I've been looking for a smaller bag, since the retrospective 30 is really huge and I don't feel like carrying all my gear around all the time, and I've been wondering if the Retrospective 5 is small enough/big enough to carry what I need. Basically 1 or 2 cameras or 1 or 2 lenses and a couple batteries and a cleaning cloth. No more no less.

I usually carry around either a 5D Mk.II or a 30V (roughly the same size), ungripped. My biggest lens is the 24-70 and I usually complement it with a 50 or 85mm.

Anyone got one?

Maverique
Apr 25, 2010
What's your take on the Black Rapid straps? I'm getting a new camera and will ditch Canon's default strap as soon as possible and I was considering one for comfort, but I've seen a lot of peeps complaining about its price. Is it strong? Reliable? Too pricey?

Maverique
Apr 25, 2010
Would you feel safe with it at all times? I like my upstraps (I admit, I got them recommended by K Rock, cue the sniggering) because they're strong as hell, but they keep folding up and they rough up my shirts a bit.

e: what I mean is, if some rear end in a top hat tried to grab the camera and run, as in to break the strap, he can't with the upstraps. At least that's how they make me feel ;)

Maverique
Apr 25, 2010

William T. Hornaday posted:

I don't think I've ever worried about someone snatching my camera. Either way, there aren't any sort of easy or breakable releases on BR, so the only way they'd get it off you is to slash at it with a big knife or tackle you to the ground and wrestle the strap off of you.

Good enough for me. Thanks, I'll get one and see how it goes.

• Locked thread