Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Can anyone speak for the Kata DR-467i? I've currently got a 7D with BG-E7 grip, SpeedLite 580EX II, and EF-S 17-55 w/ hood. My next additions will likely be a 70-200 f/2.8 IS, a Rode shotgun mic, and a macro (not sure which yet). It looks like it can hold a 15.4" laptop as well, so I'd like to toss my MacBook Pro in there. The weight seems like it will add up quickly, so I'm hoping it's comfortable enough to wear around trade shows all day. Thanks for any advice you can provide!

I have the 467, the non 'i' version. It is my favorite go-to bag. Even if I just have the camera in the bottom with no lenses nor a flash, I sitll carry it around. I don't use it with the MBP often, but that compartment usually carries a book, some papers, etc. I have designated pockets for certain items. I don't use the tripod/monopod pocket, but the 'i' version looks more stable with the top strap holding onto it. The compartments can be sized to your licking since they are velcro dividers inside the three large slots. Mine currently has: Canon XSi w/Tamron 17-50, 430 EXII, 50mm 1.8, Tamron 70-300. While I don't have the 7D and lenses you have, this should gauge the size of the pockets. I have room in there for other items such as a Nikon lens cleaner. And it also includes a rain bag - which wraps up nicely, but also takes up a slot in the bottom compartments. You can place it elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

Elite Taco posted:

Anyone have a suggestion for a wrist strap type strap for a DSLR? I find that most of the time the huge neck strap is just in my way. I like the idea of something connecting me to the camera in case I fail a dexterity check, the strap the camera came with is too big.
Funny you ask. I was just coming in here to post my experiences with this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B00166EUI0

My neck strap got in the way quite a bit. I bought this to take on vacation and it works very well. Quite comfy and I can pull the camera out the bag and just hang onto it loosely without any worry at all. Camera is an XSi with Tamron 17-50 and on occasion, a 430EXII flash on top.

• Locked thread