Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I use a couple of bags, and they both seem to do well for what they are.

Tamrac Adventure 9

My main bag, and I absolutely love it. I'm trying to do more outdoor/adventure type of photography, and I really couldn't imagine a better backback. It is pricey (almost $200), but it definitely distributes the weight well. It's basically the kind of backback you would normally have hiking/camping but with camera equipment instead. I especially like the top compartment, which is great for clothes or, in my case, a big stash of magazine/books to take along. I don't own a laptop, but it does have a super-padded laptop compartment. I use it to stash cray cards and such instead. The sliders for tripod straps underneath also help me when I need to climb ladders or something to get to rooftops or whatever. The only downsides is that it is a larger back and can take up space if you're trying to fit it in storage lockers at work. Also, a ton of straps and zippers so don't expect to be super-fast getting out a new lens. there was also one point where I had almost lost a memory card, as it slid out of its pouch when I wasn't using their little "red flag" system to keep it in. Thankfully, it was a friend's car, but I would have sorely missed that little PNY if it was anywhere else.

Canon 200DG Shoulder Bag

This is the generic Canon bag you see at all the Best Buys and whatnot. It was honestly a very good bag for what it was while I was using it. Great for short trips or tighter spaces, and it protects everything really well. i never had an issue with space, although I could see you running into problems if you use a ton of long lenses. The main issue I had with it is probably the same as most shoulder bags- it just plain hurts after awhile. If you're going to a party or area where you're switching lenses a lot, it's pretty convenient, but don't expect to take it on longer expeditions without your shoulder getting really sore, really fast. I don't use it as much anymore now that I have the Tamrac, but if you're just getting started, it's a good little bag for the price.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread