Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scurvy
Dec 28, 2002

David Tennant posted:

Here is what I like to use as a bag
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/cms/hackKits/camera_bag.htm
with the small messenger. It's getting a little too small now

I have also been told by a rep that Timbuk2 will be releasing a camera bag around august/september

I've been doing something similar with a medium-sized Timbuk2 bag and some Domke inserts.

After about a year of this, I'm coming to the conclusion that it's too big and awkward for me. I'm 5'1", and so it hurts my shoulder after a long day of carrying it, and the strap smashes my boobs. It's also so huge compared to my small frame that I've been denied entry to some places (museums, stores) unless I checked my "luggage".

I've bought (and subsequently sold) Crumplers in the past (six and four-million dollar homes). The six was an older model and it was about as wide as it was tall, and seemed to do a lovely job of distributing the weight across my back. The four was just too small.

So now I'm starting the search again for a camera bag that can hold a Nikon d70s, a couple lenses, and all of the normal stuff I need every day. I think the solution is multiple bags depending on how much I need to carry that day (one lens vs. three and the assorted crap that goes with it).

If any short people and/or women have advice on comfortable bags, I'm all ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread