Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Engine Skull
Jul 9, 2003
I WON'T TRY TO GUESS THE NUMBER THIS TIME LOWTAX
Picked up a Thinktank Urban Disguise 60 the other day, and I'm in love. I prefer having a single, do-it-all bag, and this is pretty much perfect. It holds an assload of stuff, and it's built like a tank, plus it's quite comfortable. Thinktank's warranties are also incredible. You break, they fix, no questions asked. My Lowepro Fastpack 250 will now be rotting in my closet, waiting for the day I sell my current gear to replace it with a FF setup. Lowepro officially sucks rear end in the face of Thinktank (helped along by the founder and head designer being ex-Lowepro designers.) I can do a review (w/photos) should someone desire it, but right now I'm feeling too lazy to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engine Skull
Jul 9, 2003
I WON'T TRY TO GUESS THE NUMBER THIS TIME LOWTAX

DJExile posted:

Those look great. If you could at least show a picture of the interior and how things fit, that'd be awesome. Thinktank's website doesn't seem to want to show you the inside of some of their smaller models.

Here's some quick shots. I did it at work so I'd have more gear to jam in there, but it was busy and I forget the extra dividers at home (There's 4 attached in the gear compartment when you buy it, and a bag with 8 extras of various sizes), though it was kinda busy so I had to make due. Keep in mind with some actual organization you could fit way more in here.

Primary compartment with a 1D Mark III, 70-200 2.8IS (attached), 24-70L, 100-400, and my AE-1 Program with 50 1.8 that I always have on hand. The 1D made it a bit tight, but nothing the bag couldn't handle.

Secondary body pockets with a 7D and 50D (for size). Could easily fit bodies with grips in these pockets. That red thing is the Pee Wee Pixel Pocket Rocket...yeah. Holds 4 CF cards and 3 SD cards, either this one or the larger versions come included with every non-holster bag. Hot.

Another view that shows the size better. It only gets bigger physically when you put stuff in those secondary gear compartments.

All this, plus enough room for, I'd say, a couple of speedlites, maybe another lens or two. You could honestly get a 1D series body with a 300 2.8L attached in that main compartment, and still get another lens or 2 elsewhere in the bag. It's retarded. And enough room for the bulkiest of 15", and most 17" notebooks. The notebook compartment also has a divider so you could put extras in with your laptop (like a charger), or a couple of netbooks, etc.

:swoon:

gently caress, maybe keeping my AE-1 in my bag with the shutter cocked is a bad idea. I just realized at some point when arranging all that gear I got a sweet shot of pure darkness inside the bag.

Engine Skull fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 11, 2010

• Locked thread