Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Fists Up posted:

Just bought this backpack.

http://www.vanguardworld.com/index.php/en/products/photo-video/detail-1-1-4-33.html

Needed a backpack to fit all my stuff that is suitable for use overseas. This bag is pretty much exactly what I needed.

Fits everything
Has room for other misc items that aren't camera related
Holds a tripod
Comfortable for long distances
Has a weather cover/is waterproof

Main entrance is from the back (which is kind of good, more secure I guess) and has a side easy access thing. PLUS it actually looks more like a normal backpack.

Plus it only cost me AUD$160

I was also looking at the Lowepro Prorunner 350 AW (which was good but $270). A tamrac bag that didn't have any areas for other misc stuff and the Kata 3N1-33 which had a tripod system I didn't really like. Couldnt even figure out the tripod thing at first and the rest of the bag was loving odd to use. I almost bought it till i realised there were no tripod straps. But the vaguard is $40 less :)

Plus it won some 2010 TIPA award or some poo poo for best camera bag.

So how do you like this bag? I have a huge Crumpler bag (Brian's Hot Tub), and it's pretty annoying to walk around with, even when not fully-loaded, as it's just awkwardly big. I bought it online, so it's my fault for not trying it out first.

The Vanguard, though, looks really nice and a bit smaller. Just wondering if you had any positive/negative experiences with it, i.e. hiking, sight-seeing, etc.

Marklar fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 12, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread