Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I have 2 bags that I use most often.

My main one is the might Lowepro Vertex 200 AW which is an absolute loving beast of a bag. Holds most of my kit including laptop, power leads, a fuckton of batteries, a portable hard drive, assortment of lenses, etc.
The shoulder straps are nicely padded, and when you do up the waist strap and chest fastener it's surprising how much weight it seems to take off, which is just as well as fully loaded with kit this fucker weighs about quarter of what I do (I'm about 130 pounds), and i constantly fear I'll fall backward and lay there kicking my limbs about like an upturned turtle.
Only real grip I've had with it is the runners that the chest fasteners are attached to kept popping off at the top, which was fairly simple solved by putting a large safety pin at the top of the runner to stop it being able to come away. The laptop pouch holds my 16"asus nice and snug, and the little pouches on the back hold a multitude of memory cards, filters, flash batteries etc.
Also comes with a tripod holder that you can fit on the back or either side, allowing you to kiss goodbye to any form of spacial awareness you may have once had. Good luck trying to get on a crowded subway with it ( I got a lot of dirty looks).
In the bottom is a super secret compartment that contains a monsoon/blizzard/sandstorm/ground zero resistant cover that pulls out and slips over the whole thing should you find yourself in an action movie.

I got it a LOT cheaper from calumet than any of the high street stores, but amazon seems to have em for about £105 just now.

My second is the Hama track pack which can be had for a mere 20 of your british pounds form 7dayshop.com just now - http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=101013

It's a bit flimsier, but holds a decent amount of gear, is light, small, and my go to bag when I'm doing a gig or nightclub shoot. The board that stiffens the base of it can rub the small of your back a wee bit but isn't difficult to deal with if you don't mind performing minor surgery on it. Has a super handy carry handle on the top as well.

Here's some rubbish pics.

Click here for the full 1229x819 image.

Click here for the full 819x1229 image.

Click here for the full 1229x819 image.

Click here for the full 819x1229 image.

Yes that's a nail file, I get ocd about hangnails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Choosebary posted:

I very much enjoy the OCD neatness of your camera packing in contrast to the poo poo covered room I really hope you don't live in :p

Oh it was a tip, i just spent 5 hours cleaning it. Just be glad you can't see (or smell) my kitchen.

OCD neatness only seems to apply my camera gear and computer file organization, I sometimes wish it would branch out to ther parts of my life.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
FAO UK folks, just clocke dthis fairly decent looking bag for a mere £12 - http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=110009

no ide what the build quality is going to be like but im tempted ot pick one up for gigg/nightclub purposes as it looks really nice and compact.

• Locked thread