Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."
I have a small Lowepro backpack and an old Mini Zoom shoulder bag, but I only use a Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home. I really just wanted a comfortable, small bag that didn't scream CAMERA HERE. The velcro silencers are also a great touch, as I like to be quiet and sneaky. Pretty straight forward, otherwise. I keep a D40, 35 f/1.8 with hood not reversed, AF-D 80-200, and the kit 18-55--as well as a novel or two, notebook, pop-up diffuser, pencils, etc. There's plenty of room to spare, so I think it will do nicely once I get a larger body and more glass. 3 lenses is always going to be enough for me, though.

It's also rugged enough to let drop and roll while climbing about cliffs and whatnot, if you do much of that.

scottch fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scottch
Oct 18, 2003

orangeyousunny posted:

New Bag: Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home! Used my 20% off coupon and got it from REI today.

I have the same colour scheme, high five. It's a great bag.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
I think Crumpler bags are a little more discreet, but that's probably the only real difference, besides price.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003

DJExile posted:

Lowepro is always solid and their AW covers are fantastic. I don't think Crumplers have them but I don't know how well they stand up to water. Given their cost I'd have to imagine they're good for it.

I have the 5 Million Dollar Home, and while it's not weather-proof by any means, I'd feel safe in all but the craziest of weather.

• Locked thread