Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Killed my sensei in a duel and I'll never say why.

HPL posted:

One thing you might want to think about is something that can work with a chest harness or belt system so that you can carry it while also carrying a backpack full of camping gear.

In other news, the Think Tank Retrospective 30 looks like one sexy beast of a bag:
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/retrospective-30-pinestone-shoulder-bag.aspx

It's like my Crumpler 7 Million, but with a better layout!

The Retrospective series looks awesome, the 30 is probably way too big for my needs, but I might pick up a 10 when they are available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Bongodrums posted:

I'm going to pick one up when they come out as well. I read somewhere that they are going to be on sale mid May for USA and June for the Canadians.

I just got an email from ThinkTank saying that the Retrospective 10 is now in stock. The site still lists it as "Coming Soon" but hopefully this means they'll be available in the next couple days.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

8th-samurai posted:

Okay, my Think Tank Retrospective 20 came in the mail today.

That looks awesome, my Retrospective 10 should be in today and seeing your pics makes me even more anxious for it.

MAkev fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 21, 2010

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

The ThinkTank Retrospective series has no outside branding and looks just like a normal messenger bag, although it looks full pretty much all the time if you leave the padding in. I have the Retrospective 10 and its great

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

KickStand posted:

One of the Black Rapid r-straps?

Are the R-Straps worth it? I've been looking for a new strap setup, the photographer at the last wedding I went to had one but I didn't get a chance to talk to her about it

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

I picked up an RS-7 last week, I really like it. I never really cared for having the camera front and center like a normal strap makes it, the R-Strap keeps it nice and out of the way while I'm just walking around. Definitely recommended.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Everytime I see that bag I want it, even though I have at least two other camera bags to choose from at any given time. It's just so nice looking

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Agreed, my RS-7 has been rock solid, I wouldn't worry about it coming loose

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Sevn posted:

drat gripped cameras. You don't want to take the grip off once you put it on, but it really sucks finding a bag for it :(

I tried one of the Million bags, and it screams "camera bag" all day long, I was looking for something a little more inconspicuous. I would even be happy with something that would allow me to carry pen and paper + my camera with the attached lens.

The Think Tank Retrospective series is pretty low-key, it doesn't really scream "camera bag" but like HPL says, its going to be a little fat. I have the retrospective 10 which should be able to fit all the stuff you need, I don't have a grip for my D7000 but I've fit my D5000, Tamron 17-50, Nikon 35/1.8, Nikon 55-200, SB-600 and an FM2+50/1.4 in the main pouch. It was a bit of a tight squeeze but it all fit without issue. And there is a front and back pocket that would fit an iPad nicely.

edit: VVV the main area has re-configurable padding so you can accommodate the gripped body

MAkev fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

DJExile posted:

It looks nice but I'd also imagine those pins are fairly easy to lose.

Hopefully it'll come with a sack of extras

• Locked thread