Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
I have a fairly good collection of cases and bags going now.

This is my main workhorse bag. It's a Tamrac Expedition 6.

I couldn't recommend it more. It's not cheap, I think $185, but it holds practically everything I own at the moment, including a laptop for editing. It's super comfortable, really well padded and has tons of storage. The battery slots in the outer pockets are really nice too.

This is my mid-sized bag that I use when I shoot concerts. It's a Tamrac System 6.

I can't work with the backpack in a barricade, so this is my bag for shows. It's a pretty good mid-sized bag. Lots of nice little pockets, very durable. I've put it through about 5 good years of use and have had no problems.

The last of my bags is my compact bag, a Lowepro AW3.

I don't use this one all that much, but it's good if you only need a lens or two.

Now for my light travel gear. My two AB800's travel in comfy style in my Pelican 1610.

It's a pelican, it's a beast, these things sell themselves. I found a pretty good deal on it through a scuba diving site.

Then I have a SKB golf case to carry all my stands, tripod, cables, and other large objects when I have to take my gear on a plane.

Not too much I can say about this really since it's not designed to be photo gear. It works awesome though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

DJExile posted:

Echoing the SKB love. I have one for my golf clubs and it is amazing. Customer service is very nice. The handle at the top got broken by an airline and in a 1 minute phone call they shipped me a new one free of charge.

Best part was I got it for $50 on craigslist.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

poopinmymouth posted:

Definitely get the dividers, the foam sucks unless you just have one giant piece of equipment to put in the middle. If you're wanting to put in lenses and bodies and lighting gear that will only have thin bits between them, the dividers are way way better.

It definitely depends on what you're putting in there. If you're looking to maximize space then definitely go with dividers, but if you want protection and don't need to change things around a lot, the foam is way better. I use mine to my two AB800s and I would not feel comfortable with them in dividers when being tossed around by baggage handlers.

• Locked thread