Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I bought a Lowepro Toploader Pro 75 AW recently for use on hiking trips and it's not bad. It can fit a 40D + 70-200/4, although I wish it was slightly larger or the buckle slightly longer as the setup only just fits with the hood unreversed if you twist the body sideways. There's also a weather cover that proved useful, at least on the last trip as it ended up snowing quite a bit, but don't expect to be able to put it on in a hurry.

You may want to consider the Toploader 75 AW (non-pro) which appears to have a larger front pouch that can fit an extra lens, although you can also strap a lens pouch on the side, which is what I ended up doing. One caveat is that the weather cover won't fit with any attachments.

Edit: forgot to mention that I also purchased the chest harness, which was disappointing as it doesn't fit too well.

Rated PG-34 fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

TsarAleksi posted:

The thing that I love about ThinkTank (and Domke) is that you can really tell how much care and thought go into both designing and building the bags. Of course you pay for it.

Just looking at the specs of ThinkTank's equivalent, the Digital Holster 30, to Lowepro's Toploader 75, and I regret not purchasing a ThinkTank instead. The chest harness looks a lot more comfortable, and the pop down zipper thingy allows easy storage with the hood unreversed.

• Locked thread