Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?
Domke J-1

My review is here

Everyone should get themselves a Domke bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?
I'll write up a review later but I just wanted to add a bag to the roller category:

The ThinkTank Airport International-- designed to fit into overhead compartments, this is a great mid-sized roller. It's really nice for packing everything you might need on a shoot-- my go-to bag for weddings and commercial assignments.

And, to wave that nerd flag:

The ThinkTank belt systems are great for working journalists.

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

ExecuDork posted:

Funny you should mention ThinkTank. I'd never before heard of that brand, but I just bought one of their bags, a Digital Holster 20. The sales guy at my local store said he thought the company was founded by a few people who left LowePro.

Waffleimages appears to be down at the moment, so I'll just post a link, and you can marvel at the stereotypical photo nerd they put up as a picture of the user of this bag.

The thing that I love about ThinkTank (and Domke) is that you can really tell how much care and thought go into both designing and building the bags. Of course you pay for it.

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

Nondo posted:

I picked up a Domke because of your review almost 3 years ago and it's still my favorite bag.

They're the best :hfive:

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

pwn posted:

That Domke J-1 bag is looking pretty damned tempting.

The one thing to remember is that it is a HUGE bag. If you have ... small gear or small amounts of gear, then you might look at the J-2 or J-3 because the bigger one is a bit cavernous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?
Yeah if you wanna put both cameras in the bag then I would go with the bigger one.

• Locked thread