Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

DJExile posted:

Got the BlackRapid RS-7 on Friday and holy poo poo I see why people love these things.

I love seeing this reaction, because I always feel like such a jackass trying to explain why I love mine so much.

"It's like a strap, man, but it goes ACROSS your body, and it hangs upside down and you can just slide it up whenever... no, really, it's worth the $50, I swear!"

Maybe I just need to learn better persuasive argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

geeves posted:

The only argument I needed was to actually try it at the local camera store. I was immediately sold, tho I think I overpaid by about 10 bucks or so.

Funny you should quote this now... I have no idea how, but I managed to recently lose my R-strap like an rear end in a top hat. Now that I've been forced to revert to the original Canon strap, I appreciate the R-strap more than ever. I'll definitely be ordering a new one when my next paycheck comes in!

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

Lando posted:

Can I get a recommendation on some kind of hand strap for a D80? Currently I just have the kit neck strap thingy. Not looking for any weird chest harness things.

My friend uses this little guy and swears by it. I'm surprised by how cheap it is. If you don't mind me asking, what's the appeal in a hand strap? I don't really understand how it's helpful, and I would hate having to hold on to a body the entire time I'm somewhere shooting.

In an unrelated note, I finally just got an RS-7 to replace the old school R-strap I managed to lose like a moron a few months ago. All is right with the world once more!

• Locked thread