Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)

Mannequin posted:

I would be curious to hear from anyone who has Pelican cases and whether they like them. Which one do you use and how much equipment can you put in it? I was thinking of getting the 1510 Carry On Case but I'm not sure if foam is better or the dividers. Is this the case most photographers buy?

I wish it had bigger pictures of what it could hold because that would give me a good idea of whether it's worth using on big jobs instead of my Crumpler Whiskey and Cox (which is really not that great a bag).

Definitely get the dividers, the foam sucks unless you just have one giant piece of equipment to put in the middle. If you're wanting to put in lenses and bodies and lighting gear that will only have thin bits between them, the dividers are way way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

TeMpLaR posted:

Is this the wrong place to ask about lighting bags? Need suggestions on one that will hold three alienbees. Under $200.

I love the storm cases from hardigg, not sure why I like them more than Pelicans, but either one you can't go wrong, indestructable rolling cases. I prefer those with padded dividers to the foam pull and pluck, but ymmv.

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

DJExile posted:

Anyone use the Hardig Stormcase in any form? I got to try one a while back and they seem really drat nice, along with a much easier to open clasp.

E: I'm just now learning that Pelican owns them or something. When did that happen?

I have the hardigg equiv of the rolling airline sized pelican posted above. I think it's the im2750? I forget the exact number, but it's the largest rolling case that is flight sized. I originally got it with the pick/pluck foam, but that sucks for lots of stuff, it's better when you have one large thing that goes in. I ended up buying the foam dividers which I like much more.

• Locked thread