Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ok bag gurus, I have a crazy Urban Disguise 60 V2.0 that holds a ton of gear, but it's miserably uncomfortable. I'm looking for something that can hold the same amount of gear but in a backpack/roller case. Currently this is what I have packed:

2x Canon 5d ii with battery grip
24-105mm
50mm
35mm
2x speedlights
13" Macbook Air
Various chargers/cables/accessories

Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

He means sliding one strap off his shoulder and getting the camera out without setting the bag down, in which case I don't think that bag would do it very well/safely.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Delivery McGee posted:

Minimalist kit:

A long lens and a speedlite in the bag.

Do you live in the bathroom from Saw? Brush your hair at least.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Edward IV posted:

I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to spend the $30 round trip train tickets into Manhattan and try the bags in person at B&H. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any shops in New Jersey that carry these bags in their stores.

It's probably a long shot, but my local Wal-mart actually has those bags in their camera department.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

red19fire posted:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Chrome Niko Backpack? I'm switching to mirrorless full time, and i think can get away with a smaller pack. This also has the advantage of fitting a laptop and strapping a tripod to it, solving a bunch of other problems.

It would be 2 xt2 bodies, 16-55 2.8, 50-140 2.8, plus batteries, meters, and some other stuff like a cleaning kit. I *think* it'll all fit, but it looks like it might be a bit cramped.

Chrome bags are fantastic. Top notch build quality and comfort. That said, I'd wait for one of their frequent sales and get it for 50% off.

Did anyone here get the Peak Design Everyday Backpack? I have 13" messenger from them and it's great but limited in what it can carry, so I'm interested in how the backpacks hold a lot of gear + other stuff. I'm skeptical of the vertical divider system.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Am I reading right that that's the 1550 size?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Honestly the best solution I've found for one bag travel + camera gear is a $20 camera insert from Amazon. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Just put it on top of a layer of rolled clothing to give it extra padding and you should be good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I'm selling some bags over in the gear thread. Have a Peak Design Everyday Messenger 13. Incase DSLR Pro, and Think Tank Urban Disguise 60 v2 all for sale. Moved to a pelican case setup and just need to clean out the closet, all in great or new condition.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759085&pagenumber=27#post476001637

• Locked thread