Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It also makes it hard to sell out of anything when you shut down your websites store at random hours haha.

Is code red the only place to get Messiah of Evil on blu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I, Butthole posted:

I'm not saying his goals and products don't have any value or anything, but expecting a third rate Corman film like Equaliser 2000 with one interview with the director to perform anything like Vinegar Syndrome's Liquid Sky or Arrows edition of Reanimator is kind of insane.

If he's comparing his business to how fast VS sold out of Liquid Sky he's definitely clueless. Judging by how much of VS's site is still selling the limited edition slip covers, Liquid Sky was an outlier, I mean Ice Cream Man only recently sold out after 4 months and Disconnected still has slip covers as of the last time I looked. You can even run through their catalog and there's still a fair amount of slip covers over the past year that aren't sold out yet.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Speaking of Code Red, here's the store page currently:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

That pepe really makes me wonder if I should be buying anything from them.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah it definitely gave me pause. The reason I shared it.

But it's the only place that sells Messiah of Evil. :(

I checked on bluray.com to verify.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

MacheteZombie posted:

What is that even standing in for and why does it cost 100 dollars?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I want to have Blu-rays of Roy Andersson's Living trilogy: Songs from the Second Floor, You, the Living, tl;dr: Pigeon. I don't have multi-region player. What are my options?

Also Andrei Tarkovsky's Mirror would be great to have on blu, but that's probably a tall order.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MacheteZombie posted:

Wait, is that pig-monster thing an alt-right meme now? No! I love that film!

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

Screen Archives has that title. They ship fast, and are Pepe-free. I buy Code Red titles, but never from his BigCartel. Ronin Flix, Diabolik DVD and Screen Archives have them.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

ringu0 posted:

Also Andrei Tarkovsky's Mirror would be great to have on blu, but that's probably a tall order.

Not in Region B it isn't.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Region B gets the best stuff

... so I guess the multi-region player IS the answer...

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 21, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

What is that even standing in for and why does it cost 100 dollars?

I clicked it and the store page it pulls up just says, "shipping may be delayed due to weather."

ultraviolence123 posted:

Screen Archives has that title. They ship fast, and are Pepe-free. I buy Code Red titles, but never from his BigCartel. Ronin Flix, Diabolik DVD and Screen Archives have them.

Thanks!

K. Waste posted:

Wait, is that pig-monster thing an alt-right meme now? No! I love that film!

Are you making fun of me? :smith: but I love you

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 21, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

business hammocks posted:

That pepe really makes me wonder if I should be buying anything from them.

Short answer: no. Long answer: they're a tiny label run by a crazy person that specializes in exploitation and gore flicks, are you incredibly shocked that they have bad politics?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Andrei Rublev better be coming to the US as a Blu soon or I'll be making some financial decisions...

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Short answer: no. Long answer: they're a tiny label run by a crazy person that specializes in exploitation and gore flicks, are you incredibly shocked that they have bad politics?

It was really disheartening for me to go to Tromadance a few years back and realize this. I got quite sad watching Lloyd Kaufman dejectedly try to explain to an audience full of alt-righters that discouraging slurs and discrimination against the disadvantaged is not the same as censorship by the "PC police".

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

It was really disheartening for me to go to Tromadance a few years back and realize this. I got quite sad watching Lloyd Kaufman dejectedly try to explain to an audience full of alt-righters that discouraging slurs and discrimination against the disadvantaged is not the same as censorship by the "PC police".

At least your story reenforces what an awesome dude Lloyd is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsa12CYBF-Q

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, Junk Food Dinner recently had an interview with him:
http://www.junkfooddinner.com/2018/03/jfd4045-jfd-returns-to-return-to-nuke.html

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I got super worried then that Lloyd wasn’t going to be the good guy in that post. Phew! He’s always seemed awesome.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This is a FANTASTIC interview with Lloyd, thanks for posting it.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

If Pepe is in a noose doesn't that make him alt-left?

Anyway, I scored a copy of Age of Ultron for $3 at Goodwill today!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Speaking of Marvel, they finally rereleased Incredible Hulk to match with all the other rereleases. I’m not going to switch because I have the green case version of Hulk.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Has anyone seen both the 15th aniversary and 20th aniversary editions of Apollo 13, and is it worth the upgrade? I have the 15th aniversary but the bluray.com review is making me want to see the 20th.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Boinks posted:

If Pepe is in a noose doesn't that make him alt-left?

Anyway, I scored a copy of Age of Ultron for $3 at Goodwill today!

1) not necessarily. using pepe, period, pretty much tags you as a nazi nowadays unless it's specifically in the context of antifa stuff (which is usually super, super obvious).

2) jesus, they should have paid you $3 for that movie

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Boinks posted:

Has anyone seen both the 15th aniversary and 20th aniversary editions of Apollo 13, and is it worth the upgrade? I have the 15th aniversary but the bluray.com review is making me want to see the 20th.

15th uses an older master that looks pretty bad in 1080p, while the 20th is a fresh restoration (6K scan, 4K master)

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

1) not necessarily. using pepe, period, pretty much tags you as a nazi nowadays unless it's specifically in the context of antifa stuff (which is usually super, super obvious).

2) jesus, they should have paid you $3 for that movie

That's nuts. And any Disney/Marvel blu is worth at least $5 imo, I even have the 2nd Thor.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Iron Crowned posted:

If he's comparing his business to how fast VS sold out of Liquid Sky he's definitely clueless. Judging by how much of VS's site is still selling the limited edition slip covers, Liquid Sky was an outlier, I mean Ice Cream Man only recently sold out after 4 months and Disconnected still has slip covers as of the last time I looked. You can even run through their catalog and there's still a fair amount of slip covers over the past year that aren't sold out yet.

I was more just using it as an example of a high-profile indie release. But there's also this kinda stuff:

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/product/please-read-new-rules-for-holiday-purchase

quote:

Due to some rather large orders that did not get scanned properly due to USPS being busy due to holiday mail, I have no choice but to ask you to only do small orders, to avoid this huge loss of money I just encountered. so your orders can only be 4 items AT A TIME per order! they will be shipped separately to avoid this fiasco that happened. If you buy more than 4 items per order, it will result in automatic cancellation and refund.

Also I am not amazon prime, so if you email me on where my product is, or I need to now for christmas or new year , then it will result in automatic cancellation and refund.

Also these new orders will most likely go out .processed at the start of new year/first week of January so please remember this.

And no, I am not the only one going through something like this, as Mondo Macabro and Severin seems to be experience what I been saying all along.

Not to mention stuff like the Shakma blu only being able to be found on their store by searching under "hats". It kinda reminds me of early Timecube stuff where it's only gonna get weirder in a bad way as it goes on

edit: is there a new Alien transfer hitting streets or something? Fox just released this new recut trailer for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjfRhwn-4fw

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 22, 2018

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Blu-rays of Alien and Aliens are from 4K masters

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I, Butthole posted:

I was more just using it as an example of a high-profile indie release. But there's also this kinda stuff:

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/product/please-read-new-rules-for-holiday-purchase

Not to mention stuff like the Shakma blu only being able to be found on their store by searching under "hats". It kinda reminds me of early Timecube stuff where it's only gonna get weirder in a bad way as it goes on

edit: is there a new Alien transfer hitting streets or something? Fox just released this new recut trailer for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjfRhwn-4fw

I really hate this.

BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm kinda offended that assume fans of the genre are bad people politically.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

I, Butthole posted:

My God, it's like Basil Fawlty running a video company. "If you want customer service, gently caress you. If you want to give me a bunch of money for my product, gently caress you." I'm guessing he has very strong opinions about what you watch it on.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
That Alien trailer loving blows and is a great example of how modern trailers are awful.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm kinda offended that assume fans of the genre are bad people politically.

I guess it's similar to anime and heavy metal. There's nothing inherently wrong with liking it, but the peculiarities of the genre probably do attract a disproportionate number of creeps.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 22, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Samuel Clemens posted:

I guess it's similar to anime and heavy metal. There's nothing inherently wrong with liking it, but the peculiarities of the genre propably do attract a disproportionate number of creeps.

Not an emptyquote

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Cemetry Gator posted:

My God, it's like Basil Fawlty running a video company. "If you want customer service, gently caress you. If you want to give me a bunch of money for my product, gently caress you." I'm guessing he has very strong opinions about what you watch it on.

I just pictured the Code Red guy getting frustrated with his film scanner and hitting it with a tree branch

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Code Red decided that Nail Gun Massacre needed to be on blu-ray and that alone is grounds for dismissal.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Kino Lorber will be releasing Becky Sharp, the first 3-strip Technicolor feature, from a new 4K restoration from original nitrate elements.

Not an amazing film, but a key part of film history like The Jazz Singer and The Robe.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Oh, hey, Vinegar Syndrome is having a spring sale

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/filter/spring-sale/

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Iron Crowned posted:

Oh, hey, Vinegar Syndrome is having a spring sale

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/filter/spring-sale/

Snatched up Night Train to Terror, gonna be beautiful finally having this as part of my library.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

K. Waste posted:

Snatched up Night Train to Terror, gonna be beautiful finally having this as part of my library.

I'm going to get Hobgoblins for sure, but drat I'm having a hard time deciding what my other 3 or 4 will be :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm going to get Hobgoblins for sure, but drat I'm having a hard time deciding what my other 3 or 4 will be :shrug:

One of them has to be Night Train to Terror, 'cause it's one of the greatest films ever made.

That or Christmas Evil, which is also, coincidentally, one of the greatest films ever made.

It's not on sale but that Alex de Renzy set also looks dope. It's got this documentary Weed, which is required viewing.

• Locked thread