Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

StudioCanal managed to not gently caress up on Mulholland Drive, they get a sticker.

Delicatessen looks great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Just one preorder, since May.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

The Killer Inside Me looks pretty good, not a stunner by any means but it's solid.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Honestly just buy movies you like. Think of your favorite movies, go look at the reviews/screencaps, and buy them.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

God yes, one of the best movies of the '90s. Too bad it's a Disney property and thus will never see the light of day.

Criterion did get all the Wes Anderson movies from Touchstone so there is hope for The Insider.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

I love how stupid the Alternate Cut makes the movie look.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Cacator posted:

I was particularly impressed by the video quality of Che, I don't believe any of the other Criterion blu-rays besides Benjamin Button were filmed in digital. Also I think For All Mankind is neat to have.

Antichrist and The Secret of the Grain were also shot on digital.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

I think the Criterion in general looks nicer. And it's the correct aspect ratio.

This. The blacks on the MoC are too dark.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Remember when MGM put out Blus with no special features but threw in a DVD with special features on it? Well... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049M7BHA?tag=bluray-012-20

I hope they have an exchange program :(

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah Stiller talked about this a bit ago on his twitter. Says it will be out the first part of 2011 I think.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

I'm not sure what the specific relationship is between MPI and IFC, but MPI has distributed several IFC titles on home video (Five Minutes of Heaven, Brief Interviews With Hideous Men, etc). Awesome that this is getting a BD release so soon though.

e: Excalibur 3/8

MPI releases the majority of IFC's films. I think they may have a part ownership of IFC.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

The separate releases don't have a lot of the cool extras that the set has.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

I know a couple of people who will be happy about this.

http://www.amazon.com/Carnival-Magi...ASIN=B004FZAYHK

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Aren't most of the Weinstein Blus kind of crappy? It seems that most of the HK imports are 1080i and from DVNRed-to-hell transfers.

Those are handled by Vivendi Entertainment, not Weinstein proper.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Wiseau has talked many times about his plans for a Blu-Ray version and a 3D conversion for The Room.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

He didn't know whether he wanted to film it on film or digital so he filmed with both and decided when it was finished which he liked better.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

How are Anchor Bay's Blus, I haven't had much experience with them.

Sucks that Sony is being dropped, they do great work.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

Speaking of Sony, what the hell happened to Ishtar which was supposed to come out yesterday?

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5688

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

tutpsu posted:

Was there a 5.1 mix on the original DVD release or is he referring to the mix on the Lime Green set?

I think he's talking about the one on the Special Edition Blue Velvet DVD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Kino decided to release Dogtooth on Blu-Ray. March 29th.

• Locked thread