Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Sheldrake posted:

There we go, that's what I'm talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
I couldn't care less what people do with the packaging on their blu-rays.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

In the scene near the start where Connor dies it cut to a scene with a camera floating above and it made me loving shoot up

So bad it turned you immediately to drugs? Tht's rough.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Who the hell kicks up a stink in a burger joint about overpowering spices?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

Whenever anyone questions the necessity of my Blu-Ray collection, I show them Speed Racer. The most beautiful film ever made.

I hate that film so much.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

Yeah, I understand. It's got a silly plot and hokey dialogue, and the characters are all hilariously one dimensional. But are you denying that it is drop dead gorgeous?

Yes I am. I think it's hideous.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Drop it! You all know exactly what I mean.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

I'm kind of curious about the Star Trek TOS blu-rays. Are there any changes made that made fans grumble, or are all the changes good ones?

They're completely optional, unlike the Star Wars enhancements.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Stop this Die Hard derail.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

"Pre-Nolan."

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Keoma is so very very terrible.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

I remember Days Like These. It fit nicely into that weird niche of very American-like sitcoms that were cropping up a lot at the time, like Game On and Coupling where everyone talks about getting drunk and having sex all the time and never actually drink anything or have any sex.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Lobok posted:

Teenagers, in other words.

Only one of those shows I mentioned is about teenagers. It was just a weird trend of the nineties sitcom to have people talking about doing stuff and never doing it. Like Joey in Friends with his rampant sex life.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Any word on the region code of that Universal Monsters set or a possible UK release?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Island Nation posted:

Universal releases their discs region free

Music to my ears.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Paul Allen posted:

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One Blu-ray Collection

Click to embiggen

Hot drat that looks cool. LOVE the art on the DVD sleeves. No word yet about what's on the bonus disc.

The world is a poorer place for this.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Masters of Cinema have announced their Q4 titles and they're rather enticing.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

People who don't care about correct aspect ratios are the worst kind of people.

I wish I didn't agree with this, but I do. I've told everyone in my family off about it so many times. Why are the black bars more distracting to you than the stretched people?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

Incorrect. People who want everything to be fullscreen and say "those black bars are cutting off the picture" still this day and age are the worst, sorry.

Those are the same people who bang on about being able to see Carl Weathers' arm in Predator. Oh really? Let's pop in the DVD and see, shall we?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Sheldrake posted:

Trouble in Paradise is loving aces. I hope this means we'll get the blu-ray soon on this side of the pond.

Look again. Trouble in Paradise is DVD only.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

friendo55 posted:

Blu-ray.com has these UK versions as region-free - is this true? I would buy these in a heartbeat. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: nevermind, they don't ship outside Europe.

I can assure you that the Twilight Zone blu rays available in the UK play on region A, B and C players. Not that it matters.

edit: I just wrote this, which I think would be of interest to this thread.

Professor Clumsy fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 25, 2012

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

I've been going through the Universal Monsters blu ray box set and it is just fantastic. The restoration of Dracula is just astounding, especially the work they did on the soundtrack. I never noticed before how some scenes in that film actually are filled with interesting sound design instead of this all-consuming hiss. Plus, that tantalising 3-D restoration of Creature From the Black Lagoon is making me wish I had a 3-D TV.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Egbert Souse posted:

If it's not Region B locked

It will be.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Aatrek posted:

Oh, by the way, there's almost certainly going to be a third Star Trek series coming to Blu-ray this year: we're probably looking at a mid-2013 release of the Animated Series.

You have no idea how happy this makes me.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

There should be a setting on your player that pevents it from trying to connect.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Aatrek posted:

Quick snap poll: of those of you who own the original Star Trek series on Blu-ray, how many of you have cracked cases?

My cases are not cracked? Is this a common thing with those cases?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

computer parts posted:

I think it's a region free player so if that's important for you then it might be good to pick one up. Otherwise it seems like you'd be good with a cheaper dedicated player.

It definitely isn't region free.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Creature posted:

I've been waiting for The Muppet Movie to be released on Blu Ray for ages, and now it finally has. Does anybody know if it's region free?

From what I'm seeing, it is not. Which is a drat shame because I want it too.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Egbert Souse posted:

Blu-ray.com says its region free.

In that case, I will it make it mine.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It looks stunning, but some of that tinting is a little different and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

I, Butthole posted:

Buy Speed Racer and Redline and literally have your eyes pop from their sockets.

This sounds deeply unpleasant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

funny how i got laughed at for requesting a blu ray thread tag four years ago but you have one now

• Locked thread