Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Any time you see Delekhan post, make this face and tell him how much he owns.

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

Is the Sherwood BDP-5004 still a good buy, even with the firmware issues? I'm in the market for a player in that price range.

You might as well go with the one of the Insignia players from Best Buy. They're also supposedly Momitsu clones, sells for about the same price as the Sherwood, and seem to have fewer reported problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Full specs on 2 highly anticipated titles

All About Eve
Special Features
* * Commentary by Actor Celeste Holm, Mankiewicz Biographer Ken Geist and Christopher Mankiewicz
* * Commentary by Author Sam Staggs
* * Directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz
* * Joseph L. Mankiewicz: A Personal Journey
* * The Real Eve
* * The Secret of Sarah Siddons
* * AMC Backstory®: All About Eve
* * Vintage Bette Davis Promotion
* * Vintage Anne Baxter Promotion
* * Fox Movietone News
* * Restoration Comparison
* * Theatrical Trailer

Audio: English: 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio / Spanish: 5.1 Dolby Digital / French: 5.1 DTS
Language: Dubbed: English, French & Spanish / Subtitled: English, French & Spanish
Theatrical Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen: 1.33:1

An Affair to Remember
Special Features
* * Commentary by Singer Marnie Nixon and Film Historian Joseph McBride
* * Affairs to Remember: Deborah Kerr
* * Affairs to Remember: Cary Grant
* * Directed by Leo McCarey
* * A Producer to Remember: Jerry Wald
* * The Look of An Affair to Remember
* * AMC Backstory®: An Affair to Remember
* * Fox Movietone News: An Affair to Remember Shipboard Premiere Attracts Celebrities
* * Trailer

Audio: English: 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio / Spanish: Mono / French: Stereo
Language: Dubbed: English, French & Spanish / Subtitled: English, French & Spanish
Theatrical Aspect Ratio: Widescreen: 2.35:1

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

doctor thodt posted:

WB is releasing Barry Lyndon and Lolita in France on May 18.

Helllll yessss, it's about time.

In other import news, Mean Streets is coming to France April 6 and Midnight Cowboy is getting a UK release May 2.

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

A bang-up job by Sony on Animal Kingdom

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Yeah, WB = region free, but more importantly it's a pretty good indication that we'll see a US release not long after.

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

How'd you pre-order it in August if it wasn't announced until October? But yeah, if you contact Amazon they should issue you a full refund.

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

South Park Season 14 Apr 26
What Dreams May Come May 3

WB is working on a big Superman set:

quote:

Spanish site Zona DVD is reporting that Warner Home Video is preparing the Blu-ray release of Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition, including all the existing Superman movies (Superman: The Movie, Superman II, Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest For Peace and Superman Returns); note that III and IV are new to high-def. The pack will reportedly consist of seven discs, with similar content to that of the standard-definition set released in 2006.

The release date has not been set yet. Although the new Supes movie, Superman: Man of Steel, is slated for theatrical release in December 2012, ZonaDVD states that it is highly likely that this BD set will come out as early as 2011.

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

So, I'm getting ready to sell my collection of roughly 1,500 Blu-Rays and I'm having trouble coming up with what I should ask for them. I'm going to try to sell them all together, as breaking them up would be way too much of a hassle (I know it might be unrealistic to expect someone would want to drop thousands upon thousands of dollars to buy 1500 Blu-Rays all at once, but I have to at least try).

I know the standard asking price is $10 apiece for big lots, but that doesn't really work in this case since I have tons of box sets, tv shows, imports, rare titles, etc. I would guesstimate that the combined suggested retail value is $60k, possibly more (again, just talking MSRP here).

Any thoughts?

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

Why are you selling them? Financial trouble? Or after buying 1500 of them did you just wake up one day and decide "eh, I really don't like Blu-Ray"?

I am loath to get rid of them, but I've never really traveled and decided I would love to just hit the road for a few months.

Sporadic posted:

You have to break them up. Nobody will give you a fair price for all of that, if you can even find a buyer for it all.

Sell the rare/import/boxsets/tv shows individually. Get the max you can out of those.
The movies you have left, if you don't want to sell them individually, bundle into genres and try to sell that way. You may take a hit but if you just want them gone, you'll have a better chance of getting rid of them.

:sigh:

I know this is ultimately what it might have to come down to, but the prospect of shipping out hundreds of different packages is so daunting. I'm going to lose a ton of money on shipping supplies alone, and listing all those auctions on ebay/keeping track of them/etc is such a pain in the rear end. For a few days just let me have my fantasy that somebody will come along and drop 20 grand in my lap.

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

fenix down posted:

list it as one lot with a reserve price. (do they still have reserve prices?)

They do....but I think they also have an "or best offer" function for buy-it-now listings too. Hmm, thanks for reminding me of that!

FitFortDanga posted:

So put 'em in storage. It'll probably be cheaper than what you'd lose on selling them, coming home, and realizing there's a couple hundred that you wish you still had.

The proceeds from the Blu-Rays would be the funding for my travels, though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bambi
Jan 26, 2009

Speaking of sales, I've got most of my collection up in SA-Mart now. Good prices on hundreds of Blu-Rays.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3405524

• Locked thread