Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In the EXTRA SPECIAL Edition, neither Han nor Greedo shoot. We see that it was Bea Arthur from behind the bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Taxi Driver and Apocalypse Now will blow your mind when you realize the cinematographers didn't, in fact, record the movie onto dirty diapers and old newspapers, but rather used actual film.

(Seriously, those movies have looked so ugly for so long)

Also, Dr. Strangelove is my favorite B&W HOLY poo poo Bluray.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Judgment Night rules, you butt turd. :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I have incredibly strong opinions on a comedy show for stoners.

First of all

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
When shooting those movies Eastwood is speaking English, most of the others are speaking Italian, and all of them are dubbed later, so even the English speakers look out of sync.

This applies to pretty much any and every Leone/Bava/Argento movie.

Those wacky Italians.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Arnie really needs to make another movie so they'll put out better versions of his catalog.

Unfortunately the release of Predators led to a worsening of Predator. Maybe the third time's the charm.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
5 disc special edition of End of Days.

I need to see every cliche ever in remastered HD.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just got Blues Brothers and Fast Times at Ridgemont High for $24.98 at Amazon.

Aww hells yeah.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Big Lebowski and Demolition Man on the same day?

Hell yeah, re-living me some high school days.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
PS3 is wireless G?

No wonder the one in the bedroom can't do Hulu, but the living room (plugged in the router) can.

I figured my walls were just made of lead.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jack Does Jihad posted:

Wow, you got hulu to work on something that wasn't a PC? I've yet to meet anyone who has been able to do that. The PS3 app seems really, really bad.

Hulu for the iPhone works better than PC.

It's a strange thing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's terrible, how will you be able to sort your bly-rays by the director's maiden name sub-characterized by order of release with a case like that? That won't do at all. :colbert:

Obviously that set gets filed into the category of the most attractive female amongst all the films, you plebeian.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Note, no one should be in the room with you when you do this.

But it needs to be in a drafty old house so a nearby servant can hear you.

:trollface:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Who would buy that poo poo at this point. Every release is more hosed than the last. They've literally gone from "I can't believe these visual effects were achieved in the 70's, holy poo poo!" to "why does this crappy CGI-driven movie look like it was filmed in the 70's?"

He's finally hosed them so hard there's nothing left to enjoy unless you want to laugh at yourself for once enjoying these shitheaps.

Motherfucker ought to be ashamed of himself.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sporadic posted:

You are the reason why Lucas can be such a horrible person.

He is an enabler. He needs to learn how to say no, otherwise the cycle will continue.

You're tearing this family apart, George! :qq:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol, like it will ever get that inexpensive.

Used copies are gonna be cheap as gently caress when the Platinum Edition comes out, and in that one Alderaan fires first and Alec Guinness is replaced by Ewan McGregor.

And because it's poetry and it rhymes, Darth Vader will be real mincey and talk about his feelings a lot.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why

Star Wars causes autism.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wall•E

If you don't own that, you're a bad person with thick, gooey black poo poo where your heart should be.

e: so out of spite we're watching Jedi on DVD. I worked around the tiny, smooshed frame Lucas worked into the un-hosed-with DVD with my tv's zoom. Only to find that the sound is 2-channel stereo. loving goddamn shitass son of a whore. WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH HIM?

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 23, 2011

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

fenix down posted:

Are you on crazy pills? Wall-e was a critical and commercial success.

Yeah but it was preachy! It had a theme of maybe destroying the earth is bad! How dare they say true things in a funny kids movie! I like my movies dumb and with no point. Harumph.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wanna punch everyone who bought a copy right square in the dick and nuts.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I actually kinda like my Pixar version of Predator. I've seen the movie a million times, now I get to watch the animated version and laugh.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

KidDynamite posted:

Are there's weird effects on the Lion King release? I watched the beginning of the movie to check out pq last night and it looked like when they convert a movie that was in 3D to 2D like you can tell what was supposed to pop out. I'm wondering if it's just me.

Did they remaster it to 3D then convert it back?

That's really weird if so.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I was getting really confused there for a minute. "Why would Green Lantern come with a digital copy of [the awful Milla Jovovich movie] Ultraviolet?"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
And then at the Gates of Sorrow ye shall face three challenges. If thou succeeds, thy quest toward the realm of "I don't loving use these things anyways" will be nearly at it's end.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Pee-wee's Big Adventure is the greatest masterpiece in cinema history. Every frame is solid gold.

To see this film is to stare into the nexus of all that is art.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I would buy the poo poo out of a M*A*S*H bluray box set.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mod sassinator posted:

I went by a brick and mortar store to see what the had and there was a decent selection. Not everything was marked 50% off though--I bet they would still ring up the right price but still annoying that it wasn't clear.

I don't think Barnes and Noble is going to be around much longer though. More than half the store was being turned into a christmas toy section with board games, legos, etc. Doesn't seem like selling books is working out too well for them.

Isn't the figure something like 1 kindle/nook for every 30 Americans have already been sold?

I can't see B&N surviving as a book store much longer. And they definitely can't cut it as a media store selling everything at MSRP.

Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and eBooks are going to destroy them soon enough. It's sad, because I like B&N. Hopefully children's books, old people, book snobs, and a few changes with their pricing can keep the doors open.

e: missed a zero

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 6, 2011

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Die Hard is the best Christmas movie ever. :colbert:

Scrooged is second.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Is it me, or is Disney, like, crazy savvy in knowing poo poo is a bad idea that will go nowhere?

They've yet to back a physical format or some anti-piracy idiocy that's failed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sporadic posted:

I'm kind of amazed that $5 Independence Day sold out before $4 Pulp Fiction.

I'm not. Independence Day is probably the best movie ever made EVER.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The "I totally am not trying to rip off Blade Runner" opening to the Avatar DC was neat.

Other than that there's not that much new stuff. And it's still a bad movie.

The bonus features are groovy, though.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Alien 3 is a fantastic movie and if you think otherwise, and assuming you pay my air fare, I'll come to your house and stomp on your penis.

So yeah, get the quad set when it's on sale. Then you get 3 great movies, the abysmal 4th one, and tons of cool extras in a pretty pretty box.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

kaujot posted:

Am I a bad person for only liking Alien? :ohdear:

You might as well wear puppy-stomping boots made out of kittens if you don't like Aliens, you godless son of a diseased whore.

:toughguy:

Let me guess, you also hate Die Hard 2, Robocop 2, and every Bond movie without Connery, right? You monster.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
2001 is a masterpiece that people, for years now, have used to show their friends WHY they should buy bluray.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Underwater cities with no laws: 5 stars

Buttcoins: 5 stars

Being entitled to the sweat of a man's brow: 5 stars

Masturbating furiously to the rape in The Fountainhead: 5 stars

Overall: Must Own!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My bluray of Hanna was skipping so I took it out to clean the fingerprint.

7 loving minutes of unskippable bullshit ads when I put it back in.

And they wonder why people pirate poo poo.

• Locked thread