Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Doctor Who Season 5 is still £50, this very much annoys me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Sporadic posted:

Preorder just went up at Amazon

$139.99 for the entire series

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WJT5H4/?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004WJT5H4

I wish that more studios would quit beating around the bush and just release complete series boxsets of older shows instead of releasing them one at a time.

God damnit, I just bought the cheap DVDs thinking they couldn't do HD transfers (like TNG).

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

hitze posted:

What would possibly make you think they couldn't make HD transfers of a show that aired in HD? :confused:

It's not that they couldn't its more that they wouldn't. Plus I wasn't aware that the earlier seasons were broadcast in HD.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Lobok posted:

Is your avatar Picard about to sneeze or does he need his glasses?

A random screencap I managed to get one day that I found hilarious. I think it's his dissatisfaction that there will never be a TNG Bluray set.

I just finished watching the Tron Blu Ray, the original film has fantastic transfer, some of the effects really look crisp and fresh. More effective than Tron Legacy in someways as I expect that to look amazing.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

The Godfather trilogy is up on Amazon UK for £17.99, i'm quite tempted at this, but I've already spent too much on Blu this month, plus I need to start saving for LOTR Extended's.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

metallicaeg posted:

This dropped down to less than 15 pounds when in my cart at checkout.

I just tried this, didn't do it for me. What was your secret?

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Ingram posted:

All the Die Hard movies are $20 @ Amazon at the moment. I think I might do an order.

I'm amazed there isn't a box set of this yet. Do different studios own the different films or are they after a cash grab?

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

I forgot to mention for the UK. Pretty big omission on my part.
The godfather price on Amazon UK seems to be fluctuating. Going from £17-£35-£17, managed to nap it whilst it's still £17 again.
Also picked up Harry Potter Years 1-7 part 1 for £35, will probably be cheaper now than getting the complete set at £70 when the 2nd half comes out.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Got the Godfather collection through today. Quite a large box considering it's only four discs, but each disc gets its own Blu-ray sized box which seems like a waste of space seeing as the Alien Anthology has 6 discs in about a third of the space.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

frumpsnake posted:

It was also a particularly thin negative because Willis shot it underexposed so that no one could alter the film and make it brighter later.

My copy (and the customer images on Amazon) all seem to have the 4 discs in one case.

drat UK releases, never mind. It looks a big beefy case and the artwork is still nice.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Just picked up Pirates Of The Caribbean Trilogy on amazon uk for £17, I think it was down from about £24. Also Terminator 2 for £8.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Lethal Weapon 1-4 Blu Ray has dropped to £17.99 on amazon uk. It's region free!

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard in my life.

I was watching Fringe 720p broadcasts for quite a while. Then bought the Bluray discs. Lets just say I never noticed Olivia had freckles...

That man is full on crazy. Who cares about logos? I want to see the drat film!

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

I can vouch that the PotC trilogy are really awesome on Blu.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Put in my pre-order for LOTR Extended. Getting excited now! When I'm going to find time to marathon them though :S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

ALL YOUR BASE posted:

they just did today

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026L7H20?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20

Ordered Sucker Punch along with it :smug:

drat I hope UK do the same.

• Locked thread