Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's amazing and it just makes you realize how poo poo any US produced documentary is on the subject because they can't show things like Hitler at a party enjoying boobs etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The rumor I heard straight from a very reputable source was that it was Olivia Harrison who didn't want it released, because of George Harrison. There is a scene where George and Paul get into a vocal fight and it really upset George never really got over it. This is the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGuH7Zxbr84

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wiggly posted:

But that scene is part of the Beatles Anthology that came out in the 90's which George was a part of?

:shrug: I guess it really bothered George.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The problem is they didn't even break up in that period. The Let It Be film was shot prior to Abbey Road even being recorded.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We still haven't got any Beatles CD's that don't sound like poo poo. :smug:

Once George Martin dies though, we will.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the Mono ones are fine but the stereo mixes are a abomination because of Martin. Giles Martin has done wonderfully on Love and that was his project, so once George is gone and Giles can work his magic on everything else atleast we'll have decent stereo mixes.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did they ever recall the Twin Peaks set?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2 week wait list for the xfiles set :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are the remastered editions of the X Files worth it over just streaming them online from Prime for "free"?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The PS3 can play some region free blu rays also. I know it plays my German Waking Life fine.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i thoguht everyone hated watchmen

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well i really liked watchmen tbh, I felt like it did the source well

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its no league of extraordinary gentlement

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It seems cool but its dissapointing that keanu is still a twat about that movie though. Would've been nice to get a commentary with him.

Also wouldve been nice to get some of the other stuff like the cartoons or the universal parks show stuff

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spatulater bro! posted:

So back to my original question for a sec, can you guys name some of the must-have non-region A Blu-Ray discs?

Waking Life

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is hellraiser 2 or 3 any good hellraiser 1 is up there wit people under the stairs as top 5 movies of all time

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even think Hellraiser 1 is creepy or scary just a really cool idea for monsters :shrug:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is it a good movei though?

it's actually crazy to think how good this looks since there's not even photographs from 1928 that look that good.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a way to import it to the US or is Amazon UK the only option? It sounds cool and i'd be nice to see Corisca before the modern era.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a chance it will go out of print like are BFI films low print or can I pick it up when I go to UK next year?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool im interested then. I like Napoleon as a historical person, but I usually have a thing against silent movies because the frame rate in them (or whatever it is) makes it seem REAL creepy to me. Although watching trailers for this it seems like it doesn't have that real sketchy frame rate?

Does any of that make senes

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
um doesnt the ps3 play region free blu rays? It played my german copy of waking life just fine

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I heard Fury Road was bad becuase the CG gets way more noticeable in 4lk

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a better version to get of The Adventures of Robin Hood?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks cool I've never seen it before thanks for the info. Wish I caught it on TCM streaming :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm surprised it is compared to DVD tbh. You'd think theyd be too expensive to press to be worth it but I guess alot of companies see it as the last form of physcial media possibly ever

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im confused and would like some help if you guys would be so kind

i've never seen Lawrence of Arabia

I would like to see it.

I read some articles about a 4k remaster being mind blowing

all I see on Amazon is a blu ray version if it though

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008Y1YK0I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

There's a supposed 4k digital version? But i thought streaming is limited to like barely 1080p with a fake 4k?

What one should I get? :qq:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hmm okay. I have a 4k tv that automatically can stream 4k off of amazon so maybe ill do that. thanks for the help.

i've been getting into all time classic movies recently after reading you guyses posts about napoleon etc. I like some of these older movies alot they have alot of charm to them :shrug:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spatulater bro! posted:

A reminder that Arrow Video UK's sale is running until January 9th. I picked up Deranged and Inferno.

wis hit was a Arrow US sale :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was at my local walmart just browsing around and besides being surprised they still have two brand new in box PSP Go's for $200, they also had one lone random dvd away from their usual assormtent...

Arrow's Pray for Death!!

I was so stoked. I bought it right then. Was surprised wal mart had that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im moving in a few weeks and seriously debating on just throwing away all my cases that aren't special (so any non criterion) and just chucking all these discs into a binder...how much of a heretic am i?!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dunno its either that or donate these 20 random tv series to goodwill or something its just such a pain in the rear end to sell on amazon or online for like a dollar

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im moving cross coutnry in a toyota tacoma with a access cab so yeah lmao

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah im gunna do it and plead with my mom to just let the cases lie in the basement and see if i relaly miss them;
strangely my video game collection i refuse to un case :iiam:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ultraviolence123 posted:

This is a great Blu-ray. One of my favorites of the year. I like how my collection is 95% exploitation / horror / martial arts / 80s action. It's what the format was truly meant for.

Another absolutely amazing release that came out in December is Indicator's new disc for Happy Birthday to Me. It's packed with tons of extras and multiple soundtracks (including that garbage score from the 2004 release). The picture quality is just beautiful, a million times better than the 2-Movie edition with When a Stranger Calls. Maybe the best looking slasher I have on Blu-ray. Go region free if you haven't already and pick this up.

glad to know i wish someone would put out really nice versions of the shaw brothers martial acts flicks. and Come Drink With me.

if you didnt check it out check out this years a touch of zen criterion

i hate lady snowblood tho so i dont have the best opinions

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i sat next to a girl who would look down her shirt and onto her chest and use her cell phone in her shirt. I was quite impressed.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does ripping still take like a hour per movie

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I wouldn't mind ripping the ISO hmm does plex play isos?

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 8, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah honestly don't know the difference between the resident evil movies and some of the poo poo this forum likes in regards to old horror movies. If anything it seems like something has aged a certain amount of years it's considered campy and "good". So perhaps in 2037 we'll have Arrow producing the Resident Evil 20k rays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how could yo uforget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycXgJ2lDT7s

• Locked thread