Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

doctor thodt posted:

800+ Blu-Rays and I'm just now finding out that Vanishing Point has already been on Blu-Ray for over a year :doh:
And it's actually a really good transfer. One of my faves in my collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Butthole Prince posted:

Did anyone watch this? I kept hearing about how good it was but never caught it. $35 doesn't seem a bad price for 12 hours of material. Blind buy worthy?

The narrative style is very interesting. It goes chronologically but it's very much about tying the past to the present and tying ideas together across time rather then telling the narrative of America in one linear story.

I found it very intriguing and at $35 it's definitely a blind buy.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

ClydeUmney posted:

Does The Mist have the black and white version on there? That always seemed to me to be a really cool idea for that film, and I've been wanting to check it out.

Yes it does actually.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Edited to remove for wrong information.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 17, 2011

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

Best Buy is running it for $25. You can get it for $20 there if you have the $5 off coupon Sony included with Easy A or Salt.

Crap, you're absolutely right. I was looking at the ad and thought it was the blu-ray version.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Space_Butler posted:

A few TV shows announced for blu-ray over the past couple days.

Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe - 7/26
Hells Kitchen: Season 5 Uncensored - 8/2
Eastbound & Down: Season 1 & 2 - 8/2
The Kennedys - 9/20

Glad to finally get Eastbound and Down on blu, and even happier that HBO is going back and releasing the first season. It's pretty rare for any companies to release past seasons.

I like how they're doing the fall of sam axe but basically refusing to put out blu-rays for any other season of Burn Notice other than season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Funny side note: it took me way too long to convince my mom that the black bars were, in fact, not covering up the top and bottom of the video.
This is why there are such things as (shudder) full screen dvds. People seriously with 4:3 tvs seriously thought they were losing part of the movie and were complaining about it. This is a common problem that's hard as gently caress getting people to realize they're idiots.

• Locked thread