Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

Bambi posted:

The next 2 Harry Potter Ultimate Editions are strongly rumored for release in November.
That matches up with the big LEGO Harry Potter blitz starting up in October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Tombstone is $12.99 at Best Buy, I couldn't resist.

:negative:

Seven Pounds and First Blood are $9.99

Tombstone, Armageddon, and No Country for Old Men are $12.99

Law Abiding Citizen, Star Trek Wrath of Kan, Drag Me To Hell are $14.99

Surrogates and Pirates of the Caribbean are $15.99

The Pirates of the Caribbean can usually be found for $12.50 - $14 at Amazon if you are patient.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Russian Ark was shot uncompressed with an HD camera.

Will it ever see an actual HD release in home video :smith:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

We have a pretty good DVD/Blu-ray classification in our home:

Her Movies (arranged by alphabet)
His Movies (arranged by genre)

When there is any overlap between Her Movies and His Movies, they go into Her Movies.

A sperglord would flip the gently caress out if they saw it.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

zenintrude posted:

How do you manage this? Do you separate foreign into their own micro categories, or are the included in the categories at large... or perhaps you consider all of foreign films to be a singular genre. What happens when you have something like Army of Darkness? Is it horror or comedy? How would you categorize something like Armageddon or Independence Day... action or sci-fi?

I need these answers! :spergin:
Really plain and I'll probably switch to alphabetical, I've just been lazy:

Action/Adventure/Western
Comedy
Drama
Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror (AoD, Armageddon, Independence Day)

Sorry guys, I don't put much thought into it - I've really slimmed down my DVD collection as we moved to Blu-ray, and we weren't buying stuff that was easily available through Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

and the PS3 makes for a decent netflix, other media player as well (support for external harddrives, flash drives, and I think even ipods)
Netflix is incredibly nice these days on the PS3, what with it not required a boot DVD of sorts.

• Locked thread