Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

It feels so 80's or early 90's to be political.
I should send in the netflix copy of Saving Private Ryan I got today for replacement.

Fail.

RAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

Other common mistakes: watching Patton.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

bmmello posted:

I haven't seen it, but it seems like a film bound to have tits. Where are they?

Anyway, this looks good, I might check it out. I have never seen a Greenaway.

They're on one of the posters.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

I bet it's just a link to the hulu page.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

Apologies if this has been asked recently, but are there any region-free players around 100 bucks? I'm looking for a cheap model to toss in my bedroom to supplement the PS3 in the living room. The Oppo 80 and 83 aren't really available, and were a bit too expensive for me anyway.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

I'm considering canceling my preorder now, but the BTTF stills look better than my DVDs.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

Cemetry Gator posted:

I really hope it doesn't turn into a franchise. It was a good one-off movie that featured Craig Ferguson by trying to cheer a kid up by explaining that his father doesn't hate the way he looks, but rather, his father hates the kind of person he is.

And Last of the Mohicans was a very good Bluray. The movie's aged very well.

They're making a sequel AND a weekly Cartoon Network TV show, soooooo

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

I placed an amazon order as soon as they confirmed it was region free, but I won't be too sad if I don't get a copy.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

You can give it a shot whenever you want:

http://abc.go.com/watch/modern-family/SH559066

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

Digibooks DO suck. :colbert:

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

I've only bought 2 or 3 blu-rays over 10 bucks in the last year.

When you're buying catalog titles there's no reason to pay more than that, unless you really like a bunch of trinkets/booklets/whatever with your movies. If you want new releases you'll have to pay whatever.

Obvious exceptions include criterion stuff and really nice box sets.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

Magic Hate Ball posted:

On their own, or mixed in with regular Blu-ray cases, they look retarded, but when you have at least three of them and they're grouped together they start to make a pretty nice collection.

Yeah. I only have one, it just kinda pokes out and sits there looking sad.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

Looks like those cheap 2-packs are starting to ship from Amazon. I have Crank/Crank 2 on the way and Terminator 2/Total Recall being "prepared for shipping"

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

Nate RFB posted:

The LotR Blu-rays aren't the EE versions though, right?

Right, they're the theatrical cuts. All three movies for the likely price of one EE is fairly tempting, though.

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

If this: http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/adzez/Apollo%2013/Apollobd4.png

is supposed to look bad to me then I know I can steer clear of AVS Forum reviews forever

edit: reading through that thread a lot of the things they're pointing out is stuff I would never ever notice unless I was going through screencaps looking for stuff.

oh no those 3 tiny dots you can barely see on this unzoomed screencap and definitely won't notice if you have a normal person TV are blurrier! better not pay 3 dollars for this movie, it is trash

FirstCongoWar fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

I'm not a huge fan of the Alien films, but I got the new anthology as an early Christmas gift (thanks Amazon sale) and it might be the best designed set I've ever seen.

• Locked thread