Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
edit: nevermind, I'm dumb and can't read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

I own way too many of those Scream Factory blu rays...I even have "Squirm" :negative:

I love their releases, I've impulse-bought several films I've never heard of just because of the Scream Factory label. Haven't been disappointed yet.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Call Me Charlie posted:

The Collector's Edition of Lawrence Of Arabia is down to $38.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UNCIWYAPQQRJZGC

Everyone should buy this set because it rules, and it looks really awesome on your shelf.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Basebf555 posted:

I've held back from it because I feel like I'm basically paying for the book, which doesn't hold all that much interest for me. Are the two blu rays of special features worth it? I love the movie but I already own it on blu ray and don't care what it looks like on a shelf.

The third disc (exclusive to this set) has a very good full-length documentary called "In Love with the Desert", but it is unfortunately not in HD. The rest of the features are OK but mostly short. The soundtrack CD is great. The book is very nice if you care about that sort of thing. In general everything is really high-quality, probably the best collector's edition set I've seen for any film.

If you are buying the blu-ray for the first time and enjoy special features, I'd say that the extra ~$20 for this set is definitely worth it, but if you already have the regular version it may not be worth the upgrade.

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 28, 2015

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
When I first got into collecting Blu-Rays, I bought pretty much everything I liked at all, which quickly became unsustainable as I have neither the space nor the money for that. After a while I settled on basically collecting horror movies only, and slimmed down the rest of my non-horror stuff to just films that I really love and will watch repeatedly. The exception to that is box sets, especially Criterion/Eclipse stuff, the Warner/Columbia film noir sets, stuff like that.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

ultraviolence123 posted:

https://severin-films.com/hurry-blow-sale-5-severin-classics-available-now-til-thursday/

I have Horror Express (which is a legit genre masterpiece) and House of Seven Corpses, but can't pass on the others, especially at those prices. One of my favorite labels.

Thanks for this, I've been meaning to pick up Horror Express for a long time. Got the 5-pack, I couldn't turn down a deal like that.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Are the UK Arrow releases region-free?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Casimir Radon posted:

I posted this in the horror thread but should probably post it here too.

Was checking Amazon and they have the Frankenstein and Wolfman Legecy Collection Blu-Rays knocked down in price to $20 each. If I remember Frankenstein was $30 and Wolfman was $40 so not bad. I was going to wait a while longer because I didn't want to pay that but this is probably as much as they'll get discounted.

Thanks for this, picked up the Frankenstein set. I wish there wasn't so much overlap between the two sets, I can't justify buying both when I already own the big Universal set too.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Egbert Souse posted:

Screen Archives Entertainment has a sale on Twilight Time starting at 4 EST today:
http://www4.screenarchives.com/index.cfm

2011-2013 releases are 75% off
2014-2015 releases are 50% off
2016 releases through July are 25% off

I'll probably pick up Oliver! And Zardoz

Thanks for this, picked up a couple that I've been eyeing but didn't want to pay full price for.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

business hammocks posted:

I saw that Mill Creek is putting out a cheapo Night of the Living Dead blu. Is there a better edition coming out that they're trying to capitalize on, or is that actually the one to own?

There is a rumor that Criterion will be releasing it at some point, but it hasn't been announced yet. There is a newly restored version out there being screened by Janus, so presumably a Criterion release would use that.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

All my poo poo is alphabetized, Blus and DVDs mixed together. Anything with more than one movie on a disc goes by the first one on the spine, only the boxed sets that can't fit in the shelf are typically out of order and off shelf. Currently my case is full though, so overflow tends to go in a big pile until I get moved.

Same, although I do have a section for boxed sets that aren't named after a specific movie (like the Vincent Price Collections or any Eclipse sets).

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
triggered so hard right now

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

GonSmithe posted:

It's black Friday time, people. Amazon's got a shitload of blu-rays on sale

Also worth mentioning that I bought a handful of titles that were split into two shipments, and got a $5 dvd/bluray/uhd for each by choosing the no-rush shipping. Sweet deal!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Awesome, I love Vinegar Syndrome. Limited myself to just Night Train to Terror and Hobgoblins, but I was certainly tempted to get more.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Does Gravity Falls take a while to get interesting? I watched maybe the first 5 episodes, and it was alright but it didn't live up the hype some of my friends gave it. I like the concept enough to give it another shot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

RichterIX posted:

In my opinion it gets better as it goes. Some of the "monster of the week" episodes aren't great, but the show gets more and more surefooted as it goes. It also ended when it should have, which tons of shows don't have the decency to do.

caligulamprey posted:

It does take awhile for the series to really connect since it an be a very Monster of the Week format, but goddamn, it's just a continuous escalation finishing with what's probably my favorite TV finale of all time.

hmmm ok thanks guys, I will give it another go

• Locked thread