Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Egbert Souse posted:

Are there any free BluRay programs or am I stuck with buying software to play one title? VLC doesn't seem to have codecs yet. :(
Blu-Ray on the PC is pretty awful. Shell out the cash for WinDVD, PowerDVD, or Total Media Theater.

VLC will play them if you can decrypt them (AnyDVD HD, MakeMKV, etc.) but it's a buggy piece of poo poo with content that large. Seeking tends to crash it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Is it safe to say that my childhood love and box-office bomb, The Rocketeer, will never get a decent transfer? The only DVD that Disney ever put out is a lovely non-anamorphic dump of the LaserDisc released way back in 1999, when having a menu was considered a special feature.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sporadic posted:

Fox's cash grab of releasing SD shows on Blu continues.
Why can't they make a cash grab with Arrested Development? :mad:

SMP posted:

So what's the deal with Studio Ghibli movies? Why are none of them on Blu-Ray? I need Princess Mononoke in HD :negative:
Isn't this up to Disney, at least in the US?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Today's Amazon Gold Box deal is some sweet BBC nature Blu-ray goodness for $69.99, including Planet Earth:

http://www.amazon.com/Definition-Natural-History-Collection-Galapagos/dp/B0019MG35O/XK3Q74659

• Locked thread