Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

doctor thodt posted:

On the Saving Private Ryan issue: you can either return your disc to the retailer, or call 888-370-8621 for exchange details. Fixed discs should be in stores by next Tuesday.

I like how they'll recall SPR over a teeny-tiny little sync issue but Gladiator has been on store shelves for months when the whole movie is hosed.

Oh god what's wrong with Gladiator? I didn't even realize it had issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Stop toying with my emotions!

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Neo_Reloaded posted:

I do give them credit for fixing the Pirates of the Caribbean disc

Oh god I hadn't even heard of problems with any of the Pirates Blu-Rays.

Care to elaborate on that a little bit or point me in the right direction?

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I can't buy a series in two different formats, I started buying IASIP on DVD and that's how it's gonna be unless they re-release the other 4 seasons :colbert:

Oh god I'm the same way. And how am I supposed to watch it at a friend's house if they don't have a PS3? I CAN'T TAKE THAT CHANCE

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
I just hope the transfer is good oh god please be good

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Space_Butler posted:

Bill Hunt just posted that Paramount will be offering a Gladiator disc exchange once the new version is available, for those unhappy with what they have.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Oh hell and drat yes

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

I said come in! posted:

Watching the new Gladiator blu-ray right now. This is so much better looking then the previous one and actually looks like a proper blu-ray this time.

Stupid phone number to call for the exchange just tells me that some mailbox is full. Guess I have to wait a few more days damnit!

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Harlock posted:

If you want to exchange your Gladiator BD:

Just mail Disc #1 (only Disc #1) in an envelope with your name, address, and phone number inside to:

PHE MKT
c/o Deluxe Media Management
PO Box 801464
Valencia, CA
91380-1464

Well I guess this saves me the trouble of talking to them. Thanks for the info.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

doctor thodt posted:

People are beginning to receive their Gladiator replacement discs by mail. Sent mine in a few weeks ago so hopefully it'll be turning up any day now.

I had forgotten I even sent mine in, hopefully I'll be getting it back soon as well.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

doctor thodt posted:

WB has added TV shows to their DVD2Blu program. I'm gonna hang on to my Deadwood set now just in case.

http://www.dvd2blu.com/

You send in just the dvd but do you get the blu-ray and a new case back or just a blu-ray disc to be used in your old dvd case?

BitterAvatar fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 19, 2010

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So if I'm going to take part in the Warner Bros exchange program are there any movies that have bad transfers I should avoid or are they generally all decent?

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Just found my Gladiator replacement sitting outside my door in a tiny fedex pak.

Nothing in there but the Blu Ray in a little paper slip case, but at least it's here.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Sporadic posted:

True Lies.

My DVD version of this is so drat terrible that the upgrade can't come soon enough.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

fromsinkingsands posted:

Went all out and bought:

Always Sunny Season 5

Looks like I'll be busy for awhile.

Good choice on the Blu-Ray version. The DVD version is apparently a bad batch or something; lots of problems with disc 2 of the set.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

FitFortDanga posted:

Apocalypse Now

How nice it will be to have a version that hasn't been cropped by a cinematographer who's lost his loving mind.

So I guess Full Disclosure edition is a worthwhile purchase? For awhile it seemed like I kept hearing different information about everything but the site seems to suggest that it is awesome.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Since you're all well versed on Amazon's Black Friday deals, do you know if you can just add an item prior to the deal becoming active and then going directly to checkout and getting the deal?

I'd rather not have to go through all of that with some of these early morning items.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Well fine, just RUIN ALL OF MY DREAMS OKAY

I mean I still have to get up early to actually buy it but it seemed like if I was in the 15 minute lightning window and it wasn't sold out it would still work.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So is anyone on the west coast still waiting for their copy of Battle Royale?

Amazon.co.uk tells me it was expected to be delivered yesterday but I have yet to see it and I didn't get any tracking and all it tells me is 'dispatched' so I have no idea where the drat thing is at this point.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
What's so bad about the Netflix interface?

I actively use the PS3 interface at my place and the Wii interface and my girlfriend's and I much prefer the PS3's.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Does anyone happen to know if the Blu-Ray of 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' is the Director's Cut or just the regular version of the film?

Can't seem to find the information anywhere.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Sporadic posted:

Deadwood: The Complete Series dropped to $76.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B00129AJFO

Thanks for this. Been waiting on a price drop since it reached like $85 a while back.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

GonSmithe posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_i=2921749011

Next Monday in between 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. PST will have the 5-disc 3D/Blu-ray/Original Movie Blu-ray/Digital copy for a cheaper price.

Man I was looking for that stupid calendar all day. Where do you even find the link to that thing on Amazon?

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

parasyte posted:

If they are otherwise the standard blu-ray case that snaps closed you can just pull off the fold-over thing, it's not necessary to snap the case closed.

You don't even need to pull it off. The cases are designed to work with and without the extra mechanism. If you open the blu-ray case you can actually lock the tab down. Just push it down until it clicks and you can now use the case without the extra locking mechanism and without purposely damaging it.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

penismightier posted:

No orange tint, which is a bit of a bummer, but the seismic upgrade in image and audio quality (especially audio) make it worthwhile. I turned my TV to "warm" and it kinda-sorta compensated.

I saw on Amazon a new Blu-Ray is scheduled to be released June of this year. Is this any different than the Blu-Ray version that's been out for awhile?

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So I noticed that they're coming out with a new version of Ghostbusters 'mastered in 4k'. Is this just another double dipping situation or might this actually look better than the existing Blu?

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Call Me Charlie posted:

Ghostbusters 1 & 2 digibook, $18.89 preorder for September

http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-...ASIN=B00KUS5YGC

I am so very glad to finally have a version that won't force me to decided between PQ and special features.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Does anyone know of any PQ differences between the few versions of Jurassic Park out there?

There's currently

3D Release
Individual Release
Entire Trilogy Release

The entire trilogy is dated 2011 and the rest are 2013, but I don't know if they did anything between the two versions.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Kingtheninja posted:

What's a roadshow DC?

Sounds like it's exactly the Director's Cut, but with an included intermission and overture. Doesn't sound like any reason to buy if you have the DC already unless you really love scheduled pee breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
The plot is a little bit meh but if you enjoy watching Wolverine cuss and murder for two hours, then this movie is for you. (I enjoyed it)

• Locked thread