Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hitze posted:

Well at least it makes some sense. lovely packaging for a lovely Transfer/Master. :suicide:

Is it really that bad? I was gonna get this, i've never seen... Back to the Future, before. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Butthole Prince posted:

That's pretty surprising. Do you live in the United States? The first movie was a fixture of TBS/TNT/USA programming throughout the 1990s.

I could never watch movies on cable t.v., the commercial breaks always ruined it for me. I'm gonna have to just buy the blu-ray set anyways, I want to see these films.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frumpsnake posted:

I'm not buying it when I see examples like this.
http://comparescreenshots.slicx.com/comparison/85377/picture:7

I don't understand how the blu-ray doesn't look better then the Canal+ H.264 screen shot. At least to me, I see a lot more detail in the blu-ray. Remember, mousing over is the blu-ray.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

There is a ton of edge enhancement/smoothing going on.

I know there are cases where this is a bad thing. I've seen examples of this where it looks horrible. I guess my problem is I don't see how it's an issue for this movie specifically. I'm not really trained to tell the difference though. The blu-ray to my simple mind looks better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

penismightier posted:

The blu-ray is slicker (and in the right aspect ratio), but they blew out a lot of texture. Look at the close-up up his face in screenshot 5 - in the Canal+ one you can see eyelashes and pores and stuff. When they minimized the grain on the blu-ray, all that disappeared. He's a waxy-faced weirdo.The Canal+ version isn't amazing, but it's a much warmer, less processed image.

Okay now it's clicking with me. Thanks for the example, I see what you mean now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sporadic posted:

Ice Age Triple Pack is the Amazon boxset deal of the week. $36.99 (breaks down to $12.33 a movie)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NU67U2?ie=UTF8&tag=evdaisafi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002NU67U2

Just buy the first movie and save yourself some money. Once you've seen the first one, you've seen every single joke used in the next two. They should just release a blu-ray that has only the scenes with the squirrel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

penismightier posted:

Yeah, it looks classy and fits on a shelf. It doesn't make you look like a child who is also a sweaty rapist, like this does:

I'll never feel the warmth of a woman, so i'm gonna buy this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

doctor thodt posted:

e: I also watched Please Give yesterday and it had trailers for Animal Kingdom and Get Low, so hopefully we'll be seeing both of those on BD sooner rather than later.

Animal Kingdom is pretty good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FitFortDanga posted:

Alien

I really liked the improvements to the video quality and especially the sound quality. I'm just happy to be having a blu-ray version of the alien collection as Alien is one of my favorite all time movies. Aliens ranks up too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rocco posted:

I feel like I'm the only one legitimately excited for -all- the movies in the Alien box set.

I at least really like 3 out of the 4 movies. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Am I suppose to watch Metropolis on :catdrugs: ?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bambi will finally have his revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A month left until Inception on Blu-ray. :stare:

• Locked thread