Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I've seen some talk here about how the old (fat) PS3 models don't do bitstreaming, meaning that it doesn't do true HD audio? And the new model slims do? And the PS3 would do the decoding and send it to the receiver? Is this why audio on most of my BDs seems to have no balance, such as the voices being low and explosions and stuff being way too loving loud. Because I have a fat PS3, and I need another BD player for the bedroom anyway. Is it worth it for true HD audio to buy a new slim? So if I do, the fat PS3 can go to the bedroom and the slim in the living room with the entertainment center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

uncle jimbo posted:

I thought I was the only one who didn't hate that movie, Speilbergy ending aside. More Tom Cruise backlash?

The Tom Cruise backlash is stupid as gently caress. War of the Worlds owns, Minority Report owns.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Captain Charisma posted:

I hated WotW because it was boring and the ending was retarded.

Nothin wrong with that. But not liking a movie just because one of the actors is insane is stupid.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

doctor thodt posted:

The Mummy Trilogy is $15.99 on Amazon.

Holy poo poo, buying.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I've never seen Taxi Driver, but that review is making it mighty tempting to blind-buy.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Yes, each film has two discs, I believe.

If you go to an actual Best Buy store, they have a deal where if you pre-order the Trilogy box set, you get a really nice replica of the one Ring. Thinking of doing it myself.

I pre-ordered this today, and the ring really does look badass. It has a certificate of authenticity too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cubemario posted:

I got through The Fellowship of the Ring. I found the colour changes are noticeable but it looks better in motion and I agree that it improves the skin tones and vegetation. The contrast and darkened shadows look great in most of the dark shots, especially Gollum's cave and some areas of Moria.

The transfer really is amazing and it's great to have a good display that I can appreciate that with. I could see things I never noticed before in the environments and it really goes to show how much detail went into the sets. Unfortunately due to that detail some effects do show their age in a few terrain shots and other areas. Even so it's amazing how well these films have aged after so many years.

Sound is truly outstanding and I heard some of the movie in surround and with headphones, this is a movie you want to test your sound on.

I did have a few issues with some parts of the movie, but most of it appears to be the source material at fault.

You write as though these movies were released decades ago, when they were all released within the last 10 years.

• Locked thread