Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I pretty much only bought Snow White because it's such an old movie and the behind the scenes extras were really fascinating. Beauty and the Beast doesn't have any of those things and I've never been too big a fan.

Also Aliens might end up being one of the graniest Blu Rays ever if Fox leaves it alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

doctor thodt posted:

Up to $27.99 now. Hope OGB and I weren't the only ones who got in on this :cool:

I figured "Wow, if it's $18.99 now, it'll be like 10 in a month!"

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well hopefully it'll hit a more reasonable price during the holidays.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Criminal Minded posted:

Say what?! :toot:

I think they're DVD

Also thodt, you can't just grab Best Buy shelves like that bro. :colbert:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bambi posted:

I have Atlantic shelves from Best Buy and they're actually pretty decent. Easy to assemble, no sagging or buckling, and they keep everything nice and orderly-looking as you can see above. For the price I haven't been able to find anything better for a high-volume collection.

I was joking that he stole an entire shelf from the Blu-Ray section at BB

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kinkajou posted:

Hey, maybe this means we'll get Six Feet Under soon....right guys?

I can't imagine SFU not eventually getting a Blu-Ray release

Bad news is that a release could come out in 2015 for all we know, and it'll have the usual horseshit HBO Premium.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bad Boys 2 and Lawrence of Arabia at this point are Blu-Ray's versions of Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

bmmello posted:

It did, in 2004. Team Fortress 2 came in 2007. Both came to Mac only this year though, but I don't think that's really the issue here.

Both along with Duke Nukem Forever were infamous for many years for being eternally in "It'll be out when it's out" limbo. HL2's source code was even leaked in 2003, causing another delay.

They eventually did come out, like BB2 and LoA will.

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 6, 2010

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was saying HL2 and TF2 came out and that's why I didn't use DNF

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Agreed posted:

Yeah, I'm actually pretty ignorant of the history of TF2. I know, vaguely, that it was supposed to come out a hell of a lot sooner than it did, but it's in bold red letters on The List so I'm guessing there's something about it that was sort of :aaa: for people at the time?

It was originally supposed to have TF1/CS type "realistic" (for 2002 or so) graphics. It disappeared, got revamped, and FINALLY came out in 2007.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Were we aware that Tommy is coming out? They talk about it on that page

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
American Beauty (Sapphire Series): 9/21

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

doctor thodt posted:

This is what we're getting in the US:

I'm getting the big gently caress off statue version, but I've never been a fan of that kind of packaging.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

quote:

Oct. 12
The Darjeeling Limited

Oct. 19
Psycho
The Seven Samurai

Oct. 26
Alien Anthology
Back to the Future Trilogy
House
Paths of Glory

Me, but most of them will be Christmas gifts, and the Criterions can wait for the next 50% off sale so :toot:

B&TB coming out made me remember a Disney movie I really want on Blu-Ray since it was my favorite movie from when I was 3-6 or so: Mary Poppins. It isn't an animated movie either, so it theoretically wouldn't be tied to their cocksucking schedule!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

FitFortDanga posted:

Some photos of the collectible Alien packaging.

It kinda looks like it's made out of Gummi. I think it's time for Trolli to start product developoment on Gummi Facehuggers.

Looks like plastic, which I suppose make sense from a durability standpoint, but I really wish it were resin or mixed media.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

TheJoker138 posted:

So does this mean we're also going to finally get Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair?

It took 3 years for Grindhouse. We're on year 5 for TWBA. Not holding my breath.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

For people who don't know, Sideshow Collectibles doesn't gently caress around. That case is going to be very durable and expensive. Im not a huge Alien fan (movies are great but i'm a Predator guy), so the slick boxset is nice. :)

I'd agree but it looks like it's made out of lovely plastic rather than one of their high quality resin/mixed media statues. The arm and those tentacle things on its back in particular look like they came from some $20 cheapo Walmart toy.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lion King :dance:

Also for anyone that's a masochist, V Season 1 is out on 11/2

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

doctor thodt posted:

James and the Giant Peach reviewed (ouch :()

Ah goddammit. I loved that movie as a kid. The second to last shot is brutal.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah that is awful, and I liked the slipcover.

Doesn't matter to me since I already have the good half of the movie on Blu

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you're interested in starting with Blu-Ray, Best Buy has a mega sale this week of Blus for $10. A lot of crap, but there's a bunch of quality titles in there, too. I think I saw the 2004 Dawn in there

http://tinyurl.com/2fncnon

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Magic Hate Ball posted:

THERE IS NO :argh: BIG ENOUGH

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

How does this even happen in 2010?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
That's a lot of releases but I don't see a single one I'd buy. Rent, yeah.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Honestly I never really got all the overwhelming :qq: for the fridge thing. The monkey scene? Sure. But come on, the fridge thing wasn't that outlandish for a franchise that involves all sorts of crazy poo poo.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I am going to kill myself metaphorically if Cameron ruined Aliens. That is my favorite movie.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Simpsons S13 actually looks pretty good. Too bad they started when the "hey we're just gonna make a lovely show from now on" ball had long since started rolling

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Safe Driver posted:

November 16th: 3CD/3Blu

Click here for the full 800x567 image.

This'll probably be the bluray release of the year for me. Really came out of left field. 1080p 70s Springsteen.

Edit: I found some footage of the Houston show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF67WPchhzY
It begins at the minute mark.

Wow, is that on Blu-Ray? I only heard CD/DVD.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Egbert Souse posted:

^ Yeah, I'm not crazy about The Evil Dead, but that's about as perfect a transfer can get.

DVD Beaver on...

THX 1138
Forbidden Planet

Two more home runs for Warner. THX 1138 was processed by Lowry Digital from the original Techniscope negatives.

Awesome. Feels like they were announced forever ago

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

ClydeUmney posted:

I hope they keep the packaging they used for the DVD. That's one of my favorite DVD packages I own.

I'd doubt it. The only unique packaging we've really seen on Blu-Ray are digibooks

Also I could have sworn that it was already announced :confused:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ah I guess we're doing this now

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Nutbunnies

I'm sure I've forgotten one or two

Topper Harley posted:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=notsoboo

This doesn't count my preorders.

"Hm looks good oh what's th-":stare:

quote:

Max Fleischer's Gulliver's Travels Blu-ray

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 10, 2010

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kill Bill: TWBA is going to end up being home video's version of Chinese Democracy/Duke Nukem Forever.

I also just remembered that Good Will Hunting, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown were announced as coming out in a press release from like February 2009 :suicide:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I guess I'll just tell myself it was better to pay $10 for each disc instead of having that

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
WB's catalog titles like 2001 (I think) and The Searchers were re-released with lower MSRPs, so they are often sold at rock bottom prices.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here we go again: American Beauty is riddled with edge enhancement

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's not a bug, it's a feature :v:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Neo_Reloaded posted:

Are you just trying to be funny

yes

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fox was the first one to do it, I think

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here's a novel idea: Put the loving extras on the Blu-Ray

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
It was released on HD-DVD allllllllllllll the way back in 2006: http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/121/nationallampoonsanimalhouse.html

That 3.5 stars may be 3 by today's standards, but then again you're not buying Animal House (or any comedy for that matter) for reference quality PQ/AQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

frumpsnake posted:

I'm not buying it when I see examples like this.
http://comparescreenshots.slicx.com/comparison/85377/picture:7

Yeah, ouch. That isn't 80s softness, it's smeared and cartoony.

• Locked thread