Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

doctor thodt posted:

Apparently WB just dropped a lot of prices on their DVD to Blu exchange program. Not sure if that title is eligible, but it's worth checking out. I should probably add something about that to the op when I get home too.

I just checked because I still haven't done the exchange (haven't had an extra $80 laying around for a while now) and it's still 14.95 for Blade Runner and Planet Earth (and those themed collections that I'm guessing few people bought).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

FancyMike posted:

I hope Videodrome keeps the awesome packaging they used for the dvd.

I don't know if that'll be possible unless they manage to make some custom Blu-ray cases roughly the size of a VHS tape (assuming they'll even need to spread the film and features across more than one BD).

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Just saw this on CheapAssGamer, good news for those holding out for deals on some of the Sony blus that never drop in price (read: Moon and Zombieland); Best Buy ad for 6/6-6/12:

quote:

14.99 blus

The Hurt Locker
Angels and Demons
Moon
Zombieland
District 9
Wedding Crashers
Hangover
Terminator: Salvation
The Wrestler
The Departed
Stepfather
Boondock Saints 2
Carlitos Way
Wyatt Earp

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Bambi posted:

For anyone who's into stupid Asian bullshit, Best Buy is getting 3 exclusive releases from Dragon Dynasty tomorrow: Kill Zone, Tai Chi Master and Legend of the Black Scorpion.

Don't avoid these because they're "stupid Asian bullshit," avoid them because Dragon Dynasty put out terrible, :effort: Blu-rays consistently.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Agreed posted:

What's going on with the company, anyway? Are they broke?

That's pretty much it from what I've heard. It also doesn't help that they let Bey Logan go; I've never listened to one of his commentaries and don't feel qualified to comment on his knowledge of Asian film, but lots of fans seemed to like him and found him well-informed, and he was pretty much the brand's ambassador. Dragon Dynasty also pulled some pretty funny shenanigans on their Facebook page, threatening to remove the ability for fans to leave comments after so many people poo poo on them and left comments talking about canceling their DD BD preorders after the DVD Beaver reviews shed light on just how lovely their efforts have been thus far. It's a shame, too, because even with the home video market doing lovely someone would surely have been willing to pick up some of the bigger titles in their catalog (i.e., the John Woo, Jackie Chan and Jet Li stuff) and given them a proper release.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Bambi posted:

Anchorman 8/31

I'm guessing the answer is "no," but are there any plans to include the separate movie that was compiled from cut footage from the film as an extra on the Blu-ray? I haven't seen it despite enjoying Anchorman, and the other film (which was sold as an extra disc in a still-expensive two-pack) goes for upwards of $20 by itself on Amazon.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Medullah posted:

I thought it was pretty terrible, so you're not missing much. I also didn't realize it was remotely valuable so when I put it for sale on Amazon for $5 I was amazed to see it sell within minutes of putting it up. Oh well.

To be honest, I'm not expecting comedy gold from it, but in my experience the deleted scenes from comedies are often as funny as if not funnier than the movies themselves (see: Step Brothers, the first Harold & Kumar, etc.), and with the disc space Blu-ray provides, it would seem a natural fit as a bonus feature, though I'm sure Universal will do what they do best and port the existing transfer and bonus features from the HD DVD with no extra effort spent.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but I figure I'll ask anyway...

Are any other studios doing anything comparable to Warner Bros.' Red2Blu program, where you trade your HD DVDs in for Blu-rays? I'm about to unload my entire HD DVD kit on my sister, who needs a DVD player, and would like to swap out as much stuff as possible beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

Topper Harley posted:

I love Susperia and, in my opinion, Inferno is definitely a worthy sequel.

Inferno is a great movie if you hate plots and love Keith Emerson.

• Locked thread