Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falstaffs Honor
Mar 25, 2007

What is honor? A word.

Triple Tech posted:

You're not a trained singer, right? It doesn't sound like it.

You need to hold actual pitches and for longer. Right now it's very hokey dokey sing songy and you don't have a steady tonal center. You're mostly say-singing your way through the piece. Only on the longest most dramatic notes do we hear some actual singing. And you need to be doing that all the way through.

If you ever see someone, particularly a thin/young female perform the National Anthem, notice how when they hit the lowest notes in the song, it sounds completely different. All the high notes sound beautiful and sustained while the low notes sound similar to their speaking voice. That's really bad.

That's essentially what you're doing. You're not committing to the actual act of singing enough. You need to own and sing the song, instead of just singing along with it. Vocal lessons.

Near the end, when you say "it's a small... crime" it's super, super obvious what's lacking.

While I agree with what mostly you're saying, I think it comes off as a little overly harsh... I think Pedricko's got a really good start. Some improvements to make, for sure, but I would strongly disagree with the statement that there's no clear tonal center--he's pretty well on-pitch the whole time. His expressiveness and musicality are solid as well, especially for the style of music he's playing.

Voice lessons are definitely the way to go--you'll learn to breathe from the diaphragm, and how to get that "body" that you're looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread