Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is pretty ok imho

THE MACHO MAN posted:

What year are you and do you feel it's a waste? Poor job prospects or what?

hahaha

Yeah I just finished reading the op and posted. It's definitely informative. One of my good friends just graduated from upenn and has been saying a lot of this stuff to me and I've been considering it. I just think it's good to get more input.

trying to justify why the OP doesn't apply to you != "considering"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

You guys remember IzzyFnStraddlin?

The crazy "i want to read all law books before school" ur-gunner who apparently has degrees from Yale(?) and drug problems? And posted a meltdown autoban about how "the dumbs/poors" in here didn't appreciate his genius?

Heeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack:

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Ah the interactions of the proletariat.

This is precisely why I am motivated to make money. Simply so I don't have to have these types of dealings and experiences. It is just so draining and awful - all the illogic, the failure of reason, the quibbling over pennies, the threats, the trash, the filth.

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Clearly it is not a legal question (I should know; I am going to Harvard Law in the fall), but rather a moral/ethical/self-preservation question.

If the OP feels no moral obligation to this struggling single mother of four, and if the OP feels no personal desire to live without problems, then he should most certainly tell the buyer to go gently caress herself.

However, as is the case with these matters of the underclass, law and reason tend to be twisted and pulled to the point of nonexistence.

OP - I would just give the woman back her money, take back the car, donate it to a charitable organization, and write it off on your 2010 taxes.

Little known fact is that if you donate a car, you can CLAIM the BlueBook value of the car, regardless of the condition.

So, if your car BlueBooks at $2000, and your taxes are 30%, you are still making money on this deal, albeit delayed for a year or so.

But, it is probably the best course of action, unless you wanna be looking over your shoulder for the next year(s).

(Again, why I REFUSE to deal with the proletariat)

emphasis quote:

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Clearly it is not a legal question (I should know; I am going to Harvard Law in the fall), but rather a moral/ethical/self-preservation question.

from this thread (which is full of "blah blah blah legal advice blah (i am not a lawyer)" posts):
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3307449

EDIT:

Holy poo poo:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3285721&pagenumber=4&perpage=40#post375359537

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about?

i am talking about the milton high school georgia team, circa 1998.

i don't know anythign about your pervert rape poo poo, and nor do i want to know anyting about. it.

we may have been punks out on that field, but we were NOT rapists. we were not blacks. we are all whites. we all come from GOOD homes and ALL love the lord.

so, you just better take it easy. buddy.

this may be all fun and games to you, but this is my LIFE and CAREER.

you got it?

or do you have a PROBLEM!?

the best... ...troll?

Beautiful Flower fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 23, 2010

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Totally avoided this thread for ~1+ years b/c it bummed me out but I'm reporting in to say you're reading the post of the SBA president at WUSTL :smug:

the post of an SBA president without a paying job for his 2L summer :smith:

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Green Crayons posted:

I love contracts. The conglomeration of applying rules, discerning intent, and connecting concepts while determining scope, application, and remedies just clicks with me. (Hopefully the exam won't be a total let down.)

I find it interesting and (to the extent possible) fun. Strangely (or not?) enough, I feel like it's the class where I'm most putting my English degree to work: the rule structures and frameworks are like the requisite, grammatical baseline; whereas intent, foresight, and all those other squishy concepts are like themes, motifs, and character/story arcs.

I like it.

:allears:

Is real life practice anything like a Contracts class?

Can you specialize or focus on only with contract litigation? Or is it just one type of case that you'll deal with when working on a litigation team in a corporate firm?

in real life you do document review and you regret not killing yourself

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

RheaConfused posted:

Wow, this was not the place to come after yet another fruitless night of searching for jobs for my husband. :negative:

you search for jobs for your husband? I jokingly asked my non-trad lifestyle associate to help me find a job once and she said "go gently caress yourself. Going to law school was your stupid decision"

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

nm posted:

You might want to try Missouri Public Defender. It isn't cold and I don't know about hiking, but they seem to hire.
Downsides are low pay (30s), and you're in rural Missouri.

Dude rural missouri owns. Everything is cheap and it is basically like the movie Winter's Bone all the time.

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

One final that I can take any time in the next week :slick:

E: and it's trusts and estates. Professor and I have the same name for our dogs. A- HERE I COME!

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Didn't make the ATL law revue finalists this year LIFE IS OVER.

P.S. here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KP1mOxq_pE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Phil Moscowitz posted:

This loving sucks

ouch.